Mr. Friendly scuffs my Barber.

Better yet, just put them back into circulation. Give some kid without a detector a chance to find them. Might spark an interest.

Kind of being a smart #$&. Lol

Great thing about this sport, is we can target what we want and dig what we want and most don't criticize our goals, of course some will.

You know if I could find a program that would led me dig gold without pull tabs I would do it( and so would everyone else lol) many people won't dig nickels because of modern trash. I only dig deep penny signals hoping for a silver smoothie. Some may not get it, but whatever. I just throw them in a coffee can, really don't even check for dates.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I bet you now wish you had a pair of cotton gloves to have him wear first (maybe imprinted with "do not rub coins" on them :lol:)
clothglovescoinhandling.jpg

Very nice hunt Big treble! I haven't had many of those this year. Aside from that I rarely have anything great to show I also rarely ever have anybody interested in what I'm doing and usually if I do it's a kid that wouldn't understand how sweet a barber or a merc is. By the way I get a nice feeling when I dig a wheatie. I haven't dug enough of them for that feeling to go away yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's messed up! I had a similar incident. Was working a vacant lot in a nearby town. A nosy neighbor comes by and says he's into metal detecting. Soon after I popped a draped bust large cent out of the yard. He ended up coming over with a loupe and plenty of saliva :laughing: Damn near wiped all the detail right off! He tried telling me it was a liberty cap, but I knew it was a draped. Ahhh memories, even had a fellow forum member with me at the time, I think he was more disturbed than me, and it was MY coin :lol: great hunt! I would definitely hit that spot again. Congrats BT!

That's messed up! I had a similar incident. Was working a vacant lot in a nearby town. A nosy neighbor comes by and says he's into metal detecting. Soon after I popped a draped bust large cent out of the yard. He ended up coming over with a loupe and plenty of saliva :laughing: Damn near wiped all the detail right off! He tried telling me it was a liberty cap, but I knew it was a draped. Ahhh memories, even had a fellow forum member with me at the time, I think he was more disturbed than me, and it was MY coin :lol: great hunt! I would definitely hit that spot again. Congrats BT!

I was going to mention this, but decided it was your story to tell - not mine. The guy even claimed to be a serious coin collector. What serious coin collector treats a coin like that? Seriously...

Back
Top Bottom