I'm out for the season

Irons

Forum Supporter
Got a torn tendon in my right elbow a year and a half ago and I was told by the doc there is no magic fix. No screws no magic lasers. I have to take pills, use braces and ice and let it heal on it's own. Re injuring this every time I go lake hunting is getting quite annoying and painful. :mad:

I still want to be doing this 25 years from now so I better bite the bullet and let it heal for good now. Family issues are taking up a lot of time now anyway.

So get out there and get the Gold while you can, because one of these day's I'll be back. :cool3:

Got a torn tendon in my right elbow a year and a half ago and I was told by the doc there is no magic fix. No screws no magic lasers. I have to take pills, use braces and ice and let it heal on it's own. Re injuring this every time I go lake hunting is getting quite annoying and painful. :mad:

I still want to be doing this 25 years from now so I better bite the bullet and let it heal for good now. Family issues are taking up a lot of time now anyway.

So get out there and get the Gold while you can, because one of these day's I'll be back. :cool3:

Dang, sorry to hear that, I might have similar sorta like tennis elbow, that rises up whenever I'm swinging in deeper water.. It's a lingering type of pain, not enough to shut you down, but persistent enough to make you question your next move..

Good luck with you and your family brother..

I'll keep you in mind and prayers...

An extremely well deserved break either way you wanna look at it!

<°)))>{

Sometimes the fast quarter horse needs time to heal. Rest yourself and take care of your family that’s the true treasure.

That's bad news but obviously your health is the most important thing. It's going to be hard to take a break from this hobby but I hope you stick with it and heal. In the mean time more people will lose gold. Good luck Irons and heal quick!

I have been avoiding the "trigger release" procedure on both my hands that have both ring and middle fingers that lock up so that I don't miss any hunting time. Good luck with your recovery.

Attachments

• Get Well Soon - Copy.jpg
    Get Well Soon - Copy.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 526

With the water levels the way they are this is probably the best year to take off.

Best of luck!!!!

Due to metal Detecting I have a bad bone spur on the top of my first knuckle on my big toe. 6 months ago i caught myself as i slipped down my stairs at home in my socks. Hurt the heck out of my rotator cuff. still dealing with that on the daily.
Getting old sucks! Just think of the beaches as a slot machine just building up a jackpot for you. When you return there be plenty of pennies for you:laughing: Fast recovery!!!!

What?!!!! Abandoning your true calling because of a little Tennis elbow? No Pain No Gain! Tape that arm up and get back out there Sissy! Have the Doctors do a bone fuse or superglue it yourself or something...Are you that soft? You are going to have to change your name from 'Irons' to 'Putty'!

If you are truly taking the Season off and not just sandbagging like normal, throwing us all off to get us to relax our efforts...This is what you always do! I think its a strategy.....

I have an idea that may help you recover a bit quicker! Give ME your gear!....Your Wetsuit and waders and scoops and AtPro and possibly even your little detecting car?? I mean hey, if you dont have it you wont be tempted to use it!...I'll give it back once you are 100% recovered a few years from now if you can present me with a note from your Doctor, although you may not want the wetsuit back...

Its no wonder you hurt yourself. Lookat that coil as big as a garbage can lid and that excavator scoop you got off of a trackhoe!

Anyway Jim, you sure were good at this Gold Finding water gimmick up and around here...you have pulled a lot more than most and steadily...so please hang out on the Forum and show us some pics and stories from the hunts of your youth...Or hey, take a few drives and salt out some tabs and pennies to protect your spots until you get better? Thats a fun idea right? I'd even help! :cheers:

Attachments

• irons.jpg
    irons.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 480
Ouch, going to miss seeing all those gold rings hanging on your little pirate figurine FOR AWHILE. Behave yourself and heal fast.

Sorry to see you out for the short term but some how some way we'll manage. I too was facing a similiar problem only I was lucky and surgery sped up the healing. Was sidelined for about 4 months with a shoulder injury and repair.

As to the challenge to get it while your licking your wounds well... I can see the vultures circling your corpse even as we speak.

Irons

Sounds like were the bicep attaches to the bottom of the elbow, know all about it, my right bicep is up my arm 4 inches, that is usually were it happens, requires surgery within the 1st week, i never got mine fixed , because they couldn't garentee 100%, don't know about it healing unless its a strain, if it tears , usually requires surgery, never the less , wishing you a full recovery, here is the test, if it's the bicep tenden were it attaches to your elbo, can you turn a screw driver , without it hurting ? Earl

I'm sorry that you're going through this, but glad you're taking the time off to let it heal & to spend time on family matters. Praying for a smooth recovery, and hope it's not too long before you're back in the "swing" of things! ;)

I have been avoiding the "trigger release" procedure on both my hands that have both ring and middle fingers that lock up so that I don't miss any hunting time. Good luck with your recovery.

That is raccoon picture is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. Im sorry but I burst out laughing on that one. Reminds of the documented incident with a raccoon that was in Toronto.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoumWEcSlCk

On a serious note, I hope you heal up quick Irons.. but dont worry there will be plenty of gold waiting for you when you get back.

Take a Nice break and watch everyone else struggle

With the water levels the way they are this is probably the best year to take off.

Sorry to hear but like STURRAT has said...Insane water level in the lakes.....Same here in the bay just not as bad, running about a foot higher here..Much more there. A friend who hunts Chicago told me, he needs to learn how to scuba if wants to find any thing there.

Attachments

• OBN-0000.jpg
    OBN-0000.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 428
WHAT! :shock: NO BUNGA MAN? :dash2: How long will THIS go on?

R5

As someone who knows pain oh so well I can sympathize. If it's not Fibromyalgia holding me back it's tendinitis in my wrist or my Achilles. On top of that it's hip pain, knee pain and neck pain. I found ICE worked best on the tendinitis issues, coupled with braces.

I hope you're on the road to recovery with quick healing. Stay in touch.

GET WELL SOON FROM ALL THREE OF US

Attachments

• Get well soon.jpg
    Get well soon.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 433
Damn. Sorry to hear and will miss the gold posts with your teeth and bungaman, but will be good to see when your healed up nabbing that gold just waiting for ya :)

Thank you for the kind words everybody the friendly forum folks are truly the best! In doctor gibberish what I have is micro tears where the tendon attaches to the top of my elbow. Every time I push it it tears more.

Not fun but hey, Sturrat and Mudpuppy will need a new excuse for not finding Gold this summer!

:laughing: . . . thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom