Nothing Amazing except for a really Unique Wheatie

Buellride

Forum Supporter
I am now pushing 300 Wheaties dug for the "fiscal" year but this is probably the MOST unique Wheatie I have ever dug. Someone must have been bored and carved a Wheatie into a corkscrew. It rang up as a Wheatie and what came out (I thought it was a relic at first) is in the center of the pic. 5 other Wheaties for the day: 1953S, 1935S, 1942, 1952S, 1957D. Using the graphite picks from Amazon I was able to really clean up the dates on the coins and determined the "Corkscrew" Wheatie was a 192X....

HH and GL All!

Attachments

• 5-10 Funky Wheatie.jpg
    5-10 Funky Wheatie.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 496
Thats cool, Maybe you can use it to open up a bottle of champagne to celebrate finding it. :laughing:

What!? Once again, I come to this Forum, look at the posts and say.."I aint never seen nothing like this before!" I cant imagine any environmental or accidental lawn implement producing this curiosity?

Had to have been a kid with access to his G'pa's sheet metal shop tinsnips or Beverly shear is all I got to guess? :?::?: Nice find Buell! We aint never seen nothing like this before! :bowdown::bowdown:

Thats cool, Maybe you can use it to open up a bottle of champagne to celebrate finding it. :laughing:

Or a bottle of Napa valley wine.:wine2::congras:

Or an evil torture device to lure out the silver and gold still hiding in the ground :lol:

What!? Once again, I come to this Forum, look at the posts and say.."I aint never seen nothing like this before!" I cant imagine any environmental or accidental lawn implement producing this curiosity?

Had to have been a kid with access to his G'pa's sheet metal shop tinsnips or Beverly shear is all I got to guess? :?::?: Nice find Buell! We aint never seen nothing like this before! :bowdown::bowdown:

As always Mud you bring a smile to my face

Unique is a understatement Paul. To put a spin on that Wheat is sure to be a great tail. Congrats! Trapper

:laughing:

I've never seen a coin like that come out of the ground. A unique find indeed!

First for me as well! Thanks

WOW... That peaks my curiosity for sure!

Well at least you didn't say "That skews my screwed and twisted perception"! :lol:

Lets just say you did NOT Get Screwed.. that is a pretty freaking cool penny you found there and definitely one of a Kind !!

Nice hunting (as usual) Buell !!!!!!

Yea, like Trapper said, there must be some kind of tale (or tail) to when/how that penny was created...

So, like it was a bearded lady, or "world's biggest horse" at the fair, I had to step in to see what the "really Unique Wheatie" was all about. I was not disappointed! Nice one-of-a-kind dig!

Back
Top Bottom