Thank God That I Didn't Hit It!

beephead

Elite Member
I got a early start this morning at the 1853 home site permission. I've pounded this site really super hard with my CTX 3030, Equinox, F75DST, CZ3D, and Deus detectors. I've pulled string lines to make sure that I'm getting my search coils over every inch of ground. Keep in mind, with every detector I'm digging all repeatable non-ferrous targets regardless of ID. I'm going back over all of it again with my Tesoro detectors and I'm still finding lots of targets.

This morning right off I found a horse shoe and I figured it was going to bring me some good luck. I had my modded Cibola with a 8 inch concentric search coil attached. I set the threshold to a slight hum, turned the sensitivity all the way up, set to discrimination just barely high enough to disc out an iron nail and ground balanced so it would be a little on the negative side. It was running sweet and smooth.

I was finding plenty of targets to dig that the other detectors had missed. I was finding pull tabs, some nickels and some other low conductors. In my mind those could have been gold rings. For some reason Tesoro detectors just finds stuff that other detectors can't or they talk you out of digging. lol

Anyway, I got my search coil over nice sounding target and popped a plug. I checked the plug with my pin-pointer and it sounded off. I knock off some dirt and saw about an inch of deep yellow gold chain. I knew by how it looked that it was the real deal! I started saying oh God please let it be a whole chain that I didn't cut in half with my digger. It took a minute or so to compose myself before I started slowly and carefully pulling the chain from the plug.

Lucky me, I didn't hit it! It's old gold marked '750' which is 18k gold. It's 25 inches long and weighs in at whopping 17.25 grams! Talk about getting excited. Finding that much gold 'dirt fishing' doesn't happen too often. I was so excited that I decided to come on home early because I couldn't concentrate on detecting. You have to be able to concentrate when you're detecting. lol I'll go back in couple of days and do some more swinging with my Tesoro detectors.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 914
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 922
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_0659.jpg
    IMG_0659.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 942
  • IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 914
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 879
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 910
Incredible find! I’m thinking that horseshoes would be in my pouch on every hunt,Hell I’d carry it in when I bought the next powerball ticket.lol..Congrats,you definitely scored

Super sweet cheddar color!!! Nice find Beep!
Thanks! That deep rich gold color got my heart to racing.

Congrats on that amazing find!
Thanks! I seem to get lucky every time that I swing a Tesoro.

Absolutely stunning!
congratulations
Thanks! Pictures don't do it justice.

Wow. Great finds there. That gold must have had you drooling.
Thanks! You got that right! I'd be back there tomorrow but I got invited to a brunch. I need some rest anyway.

Truly an excellent find, congrats!! HH:shock:
Thanks! I was scared there for a moment. My towel blade just missed.

Incredible find! I’m thinking that horseshoes would be in my pouch on every hunt,Hell I’d carry it in when I bought the next powerball ticket.lol..Congrats,you definitely scored
Thanks! My hunting buddy and I were talking on the phone yesterday about how well Tesoro detectors find horseshoes. Then one pops up. Amazing!

beephead

Holy moly that's some gold!!! Kinda feel bad for the poor sap who lost THAT

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw that.

Good grief, I'm hoping to find something gold someday . . . even if the price is cleaning 1,000 more pulltabs out of the ground!

Holy moly that's some gold!!! Kinda feel bad for the poor sap who lost THAT
Thanks! The poor sap who lost it probably wasn't all that poor and is likely long gone. I'm super happy for the sap who found it! lol

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw that.

Good grief, I'm hoping to find something gold someday . . . even if the price is cleaning 1,000 more pulltabs out of the ground!
I use and have used a lot of different detectors and I have found when it comes to finding gold jewelry it's hard to beat a Tesoro.

Awesome score on the gold man congtrats!!:shock:
Thanks! I'm one lucky guy.

$531.81

Huge congrats, very nice..

<°)))>{
Thanks! You got the same scrap gold number that I got. That chain is way too beautiful to meltdown. I wonder what one like this would cost at a jewelry store?

Congrats on some awesome gold!! Gotta love pulling yellow out of the ground:yes:
Thanks! That 18k sure did look good coming right out of the dirt.

Awesome and spectacular chain!
Thanks! It's got me fired up to find some more gold!

WOW WOW WOW! Congratulations!
Thanks! I love dirt fishing.

Absolutely beautiful gold! Congratulations
Thanks! It's got my wife's seal of approval.

Very nice!
Thanks!

Congrats on a super find. Nice chain and even had the pendant too. Love that 18K color. GL & HH.
It's something about that 18k color that gets your heart to pumping really fast when you see it in the dirt.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom