Need Waterproof Headphones

All Clad

In the market for waterproof headphones for the NOX.

What choices are out there?

I know about the Minelab ones, for $150 everywhere. Not sure how good these are in terms of how loud they are and comfort.

There's another brand, Gray Ghost? That I think works with the NOX

Saw some Earbuds for $50 ....

Any other options?

Anyone know of any deals or discounts on the Minelab or Ghosts?

Thanks!

Once you determine which headphones you want then call a couple forum sponsors and see if they can help you with the price. It never hurts to ask and I always do.

I got the yellow minelab ones. One thing to keep in mind, they have a screw down connector, pretty sure this is ESSENTIAL so you do not flood your machine.

I have Tony Eisenhower's and I really like them. Very comfortable and sound great!

All Clad

Tony currently has upgraded the speakers and end connector, the new version 2 , sounds are nice, i had version 1, i sent mine back to him for the upgrade to verson 2 , Earl

Patriots, Tonys..... both are water tight. My suggestion thou is look around for a pair with SPEAKERS if you dont intend on getting the headphones snorkel wet.

Forgive my ignorance. What do you mean by speakers? Don't they all have speakers?

The Minelab has volume issues? I think I read that once before. My hearing is ok, not perfect, but I'm not deaf or that old yet. If the Minelab ones are not loud, that will be a concern.

Thing is, beaches we hunt are very crowded, busy and loud. Add in the surf noise...I usually have the Nox set to 25 volume (max) using cheapo earbuds when hunting the shoreline. At volume 20, I can still hunt but I will miss those lower, deeper tones. I can't hunt at night, or very early mornings because I'm still a working class wageslave. So it's always prime time at large tourist beaches.

I want waterproof ones so that....

1. The connector screws in to keep the integrity of the system. I heard the jack on the Nox is still waterproof; however, the reason it screws in is to keep water away from the headphone jack to stop audio distortion and issues. But the machine is safe even if jack is exposed. Not sure how true, not interested in testing that lol.

2. I will NOT be scuba diving or snorkeling. Waterproof is important since I'd like to get maybe waist or chest deep in, and if I drop the headphones in the ocean it won't be the end of them. Or, there's always that high wave that comes in and slaps one across the head.

Comfort is a last concern. A luxury. Would like to have, but the other factors outweigh it.

I have Tony Eisenhower's and I really like them. Very comfortable and sound great!

whats good bro? So Tonys headphones are worth it? I need to get a pair like asap lol. Need to get the Nox in deeper water. oh and whats his price?

I have Tony Eisenhaurs for my MDT-8000 and a pair of Gray Ghost on the Nox and CTX. Tony's are a very good fit and I hear less outside noise compared to the GG. Both are very good.

After exchanging a few emails with Tony Eisenhower, I ordered a pair of his headphones and I’m so glad I did! They block out lots of ambient noise, there’s plenty of volume, and they’re so comfortable!

Some use Piezos.... mostly water headphones use these because they are easily sealed. Most dirt phones use speakers.... audiosears seems to be the choice. Speakers tend to have a higher volume and clearer crisper tones. Depending on the machine speakers can have less modulation. Piezos are better used in AM, they have good modulation, they are easily sealed.... but because of the way most are sealed lack the volume speakers give..... and depending on what is used and how much they can very in how targets sound even in the same type headphones. Those connectors are pretty easily made and can be put on about any headphone. still..... two thumbs up for Tonys.

I have the grey ghost amphibians on my Xcal. According to my audiologist I have Profound Hearing Loss. I get plenty of volume with or without my hearing aids.

Ron Delgado........ THE GOLD DIGGER METAL DETECTORS bought DetectorPro from Gary Storm.

Back
Top Bottom