• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Cool old token

goldpaninut

I had 2 hours the other day for a detecting trip. Short but productive! Through research I found where some swing sets used to be in our local park in the 1920s and concentrated my efforts there during my short 2 hours. I found $1.22 altogether. At one point I got a broken signal at 4" with a high VDI reading. Digging carefully I unearthed a dirty old thing that I thought was a modern token of some kind. Pocketing it, I continued my hunt. Next came a 79 signal at 5" meaning a true copper penny. It was black and the date was un-readable. Arriving home I cleaned it enough to see it was a 1918 - P Lincoln cent and the "modern token" turned out to be a 1906 Colorado token that read "Keep Your Money in Colorado". On the other side with the date it says "Colorado Manufacturers Assn." with some Latin saying "NIL SINE NUMINE" Anyone know what that means? Pictured on this side is the "all seeing eye", an indian peace pipe, and a miners crossed pick & shovel. One of the most interesting things I've recently found!

Attachments

• IMG_E6407.jpg
    IMG_E6407.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_6403 (2).jpg
    IMG_6403 (2).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 244
I had 2 hours the other day for a detecting trip. Short but productive! Through research I found where some swing sets used to be in our local park in the 1920s and concentrated my efforts there during my short 2 hours. I found $1.22 altogether. At one point I got a broken signal at 4" with a high VDI reading. Digging carefully I unearthed a dirty old thing that I thought was a modern token of some kind. Pocketing it, I continued my hunt. Next came a 79 signal at 5" meaning a true copper penny. It was black and the date was un-readable. Arriving home I cleaned it enough to see it was a 1918 - P Lincoln cent and the "modern token" turned out to be a 1906 Colorado token that read "Keep Your Money in Colorado". On the other side with the date it says "Colorado Manufacturers Assn." with some Latin saying "NIL SINE NUMINE" Anyone know what that means? Pictured on this side is the "all seeing eye", an indian peace pipe, and a miners crossed pick & shovel. One of the most interesting things I've recently found!

Hi Pan I am in So Oregon too in fact I was out at Lithia Park the last three weekends.. We should hunt sometime.

congrats on your finds

as to the Token .. its the seal of Colorado

translates to "Nothing Without God"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct..._of_Colorado&usg=AOvVaw0QD2X1GCVh4fBlHE0gZj3A

Back
Top Bottom