Got Another Bad Token Snow Hunting In The Woods This Afternoon

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
cf2_zpsm6ospfrv.jpg~original

Got some more Snow over night, and it cooled down a bit more. I went back to the woods to detect, so I could get out of the cold westerly wind today. I used the small 5" x 8" DD coil because it causes less drag through the dry powdery snow, and of course it is lighter. In areas with few targets, I used the true all metal mode, glancing at the VDI numbers to see if it is worth digging. In trashy areas, I hunted in zero discrimination mode, with my iron audio set to 44. This area allowed me to turn up the sensitivity to 100%. I only dug iffy or good signals, which got me 3 bottle caps and one screw-cap. The ground was pretty hard, as I had to hack away with my Lesche long handled relic shovel. The frost was down to about 2 inches, then the soil was softer and easier to dig.

cf3_zpsdiescrqg.jpg~original

After about an hours worth of wading through the shallow snow, I came across this plastic Canadian treasure chest.....what could it be????? Arghhhhh Matey!:pirate:

cf4_zpsox71x8yu.jpg~original

Well......not a heck of a whole lot. Old, stinky, dirty clothes. Yuk! :awwman:

cf5_zpsqeoqsmca.jpg~original

After another 45 minutes following an old trail, I finally got a signal in the mid 80's. Ha! A coin? Silver? A Silver Ring. No......not today. Just a bad bad token. I hate finding these......:dash2:

You are one brave dude to open an abandoned cooler in the snowy woods! Haha. I would be terrified to find a body inside or worse yet, lutefisk.

Where do you hunt, that you seem to find MORE of those tokens. LOL I've never seen one at all, except in the forums. :)

More seriously, though, thanks for keeping us up to date on your snow hunts. I love to see the stuff you come across. Always entertaining.

Cheers!

Skippy

:laughing::laughing: Man! You just never know what strange adventure awaits if a person simply gets out of the house!! And I agree, you sure DO find more than a few of those naughty tokens over the years!...

You are such a Gentleman John! I dont like to talk out of school, but the guy I hunt with woulda probably pooped in that cooler!...just on the principle of the thing!...:laughing::laughing: ( FWIW, I hunt alone)

Last edited:
That looks very cold. I'm impressed. That looks like cold toes! I have found 2 naughty tokens in the last 5 months. One deep in a high school practice field and another under a sidewalk tear out.

:laughing::laughing: Man! You just never know what strange adventure awaits if a person simply gets out of the house!! And I agree, you sure DO find more than a few of those naughty tokens over the years!...

You are such a Gentleman John! I dont like to talk out of school, but the guy I hunt with woulda probably pooped in that cooler!...just on the principle of the thing!...:laughing::laughing: ( FWIW, I hunt alone)

Sure...And I would have posted a pic with your buddy's deposit, and it would have been censored! :censored: The I would be the one in deep ship! :jail:

Attachments

• censored.jpg
    censored.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 116
Where do you hunt, that you seem to find MORE of those tokens. LOL I've never seen one at all, except in the forums. :)

More seriously, though, thanks for keeping us up to date on your snow hunts. I love to see the stuff you come across. Always entertaining.

Cheers!

Skippy

Send me a private email and I will mail you some. :nothingtoadd:

Great stuff, well except for the used clothing, although those can probably be sold for hundreds of dollars to the hipsters now days. lol

Back
Top Bottom