No luck with online research.

Mg240

I found this at a foundation of a home that is at least as old as 1880. Copper with Nickel most likely. As thick as a half dollar, and solid. Thank you in advance.
1130052e9d26f8eebd453e24b9bdc4df.jpg
15a894419fb97e25a566a66a3736cf58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Although there was a George Burroughs & Son (sometimes Sons also) that made trunks with a brass label on them, these labels were more elaborate than what you found. I have found similar round or oblong objects with a company name and a number on them while searching old sawmill town sites active from the 1890s to 1930s. I was told they were tool tag - each tool or piece of equipment was tagged and had a number. The employee would have a tool checked out to them and had to return it. If a tool was missing, the company knew the last person to have had it. So I'm betting what you have is a tool id tag. I've also heard them referred to as tool check tags.

Although there was a George Burroughs & Son (sometimes Sons also) that made trunks with a brass label on them, these labels were more elaborate than what you found. I have found similar round or oblong objects with a company name and a number on them while searching old sawmill town sites active from the 1890s to 1930s. I was told they were tool tag - each tool or piece of equipment was tagged and had a number. The employee would have a tool checked out to them and had to return it. If a tool was missing, the company knew the last person to have had it. So I'm betting what you have is a tool id tag. I've also heard them referred to as tool check tags.
That is interesting, because on the map there was a mill a mile away. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom