2018 – A Retrospective on the Goal, Golds & the Extras

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
My goal for 2018 was to average 2 golds a month for a total of 24 for the year. I hunted 83 times at about an average of 4 hours each hunt. I only hit 20 golds (22 if you count the catch & release ones!) This year was unusual for the summer with the 2 months of horrible sargassum seaweed that had created terrible and smelly conditions which made hunting difficult and kept many bathers away. If the second half of the year would’ve mirrored the 1st, I would’ve done well and made my goal easily. Only 9 golds came from July on. There were some nice “extras” this year such as the LV sunglass frames, the iPhone 10 and some very nice Ray-Bans that were in good to great shape. Love finding those! The returns were truly a great highlight – especially the military ring which took some time tracking the owner and finally getting it to him. My goal for 2019 is the same - 24 golds for the year. Good luck and happy hunting to all of you out there! :good:

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR GOLD TOTALS HERE AS WELL!

Attachments

• 20190103_152508.jpg
    20190103_152508.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 390
Congrats on doing so well. You came close to the goal. I had a goal which was about 1/2 of yours since working full time doesn't let me get out as much as I used to. I fell far short of my goal but hope to turn that around as I'm finally pulling the plug and retiring for good at the end of the school year.

Good luck out there and Happy Hunting.

Great year Felix! I love those hunting conditions!! And always that possibility of finding the Big one! Thanks for sharing your adventures, always a pleasure to see.

Felix, Congrats on a great season ! You made out like a bandit....Some great finds and your clad haul was great also..Continued success to you in 2019...HH

I had my worst year ever finding gold. I think 11 pieces total but I will have to look to be sure. Still had fun and enjoyed getting out to play

I had my worst year, too. Just 9 pieces. But we both have a reason. :) We weren't hunting as much! You were busy doing finds for folks, and I was engaged at work, more than every.

On the flip-side, I made a whole lot more money at work. So... if I look at it year over year, I made much more, spending some extra time in the office, than I would have spending it in the parks. (but that's pretty much true of anything that has a more steady income.... like your doing lost and found!)

I'm statisfied. :)

Not bad though Felix! Considering, This has been my Worse year since I started detecting...'Course we had the house sale and the move that ate up a good portion of the season, and then all sorts of other things, but no matter where I went and what I did, Old reliable patterns and places, New strategies and sites employed....Nothing worked! Nothing in the totters, not the amount of Cans, or towels, or silver or clad, not any expensive or valuable bycatch, or a half eaten pizza or even a tasty roadkill! I didnt find ONE single turtle at all this year! Thats a first!

I dont know what the deal was?...It was like I was 180 degrees out of sync with the Planet for the entire year, thats not a good place to be for a subsistence hunter...I couldnt concentrate or something?...just didnt have the nose for it?....Maybe I should go see a doctor?

If my first year was as bad as this one was, I dont know if I woulda stuck with it! A very humbling experience! I am evidently not as good as I thought I was! :laughing:

i had 19 for 2018 a crucifix is missing from the photo gave it to a friend i hope to get 25-30 gold in 2019 H.H.

Attachments

• 0104191551.jpg
    0104191551.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 166
Serious Question: Any of you old massive Gold finders taking any supplements?

I hear on the radio all the time about a condition called 'Low Tee'?...Said get these pills and you will feel like a Spring Chicken again! Makes you spry and ready to go!

I do feel run down and weaker than normal this year...Maybe I contracted MAIDS? ("My @ss Is Dragging Syndrome")?....Who knows? Maybe Zika or West Nile or something from a tick? Maybe its just cause I moved into the Sleepy Tyme Olde Folks Community and so high a dose of concentrated lethargy is contagious??

I'm not a doctor, but if one little pill can cure my lack of gold ill, then let me have a bottle of them! Well? Any of y'all on some sort of pick me up? Time and Gold Wait for Nobody! :laughing:

great picture (drool) ,best of luck in the new year- I hope to up my totals for 2019 but of course so does everyone else:lol:

i had 19 for 2018 a crucifix is missing from the photo gave it to a friend i hope to get 25-30 gold in 2019 H.H.
Amazing that you had in one hunt in the last week almost over 1/5 of your entire year!

Back
Top Bottom