Gold....Silver....Ice....The Equinox is the Real Deal

jjm861

Elite Member
Just got back from a 5 hour hunt at one of our pounded beached here in So. Cal. I have been keeping my eye on the swell conditions for the last week and sure enough, the forecast did not disappoint. TIME FOR A VACATION DAY !!

Just an awesome day at the beach today with plenty of targets to keep me busy. I am very happy with the 10k band with real (tested) mini diamonds. However, the killer find of the day was the 14k Italy chain....here is the story on this find.

It was not 20 minutes into my hunt when I got a low tone "1" signal on my Nox. I think this is my 4th time out with the Nox and have not had many if any solid "1" beeps. So I take a scoop, check the pile....no signal. Just as I was going to take another scoop I look into the hole and see about 4" of yellow butter chain about 3" deep. Under my breath, I was saying some words that are not good for this awesome "Friendly" forum.:lol::lol: Instead of pulling the chain straight out, I lifted the chain....when I was done, there was about a 16" small trench where the chain was buried.

The moral to this find....this chain was fully laid out laid out under 3" of sand. The Equinox definitely does find gold chains....with or without pendants attached !!!!

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 477
Wow. Sweet sweet Day. :shock: :yes: Was wondering where all the Nox threads had gone. Nice to see a new beach thread on the nox :)

I'll definitely be digging those "1"'s :)

Great finds and write up! Love that Chain Brother! Impressed!...A sub 10gr chain all stretched out 3" down would be a super tough target for an experienced inland totlotter to hit...so yeah, out of the wet salt?...thats some kind of testimony there...Infield results, $250...:beers: Any old dummy can find a ring or coins with what we have now.....the money is in the chains!

Last edited:
Very nice haul. I do have one question for you. How many trash targets did you get that had a VID of 1 or close to it?

I am still skeptical and you are the first user on here that has actually found a chain.

Another was reportedly found but it was a friend of the owner who is a member here. Not the owner himself.

I'm a believer now and about to drink the ...

Attachments

• Oh_yea.jpg
    Oh_yea.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Very nice haul. I do have one question for you. How many trash targets did you get that had a VID of 1 or close to it?

I am still skeptical and you are the first user on here that has actually found a chain.

Another was reportedly found but it was a friend of the owner who is a member here. Not the owner himself.

Actually was wondering the same thing as well. How many junk targets came in at 1-3.

Jeff my friend.....AWESOME!!!! You called it. This weekend you said Thursday was going to be the day of the swells and you nailed it! So......I'm guessing that you found that in the wet sand where much of the foil and aluminum has washed away allowing one to dig all the low TID's. If that is true, and I hope it is, this is going to be as great as I had envisioned! That may be the nicest chain anyone has found with an Equinox yet! So happy for you and other beach hunters who got the Nox's. :yes:

Actually was wondering the same thing as well. How many junk targets came in at 1-3.

Pretty much all gold chains even massive multi oz monsters and also a lot of silver chains come in as 'junk signals'..the thing is...a guy has to be able to hear them in the first place...a lot of rigs cannot, no matter what you do....they were designed to hear 'round' things....Every rig can hear junk, but not all of them can hear chains...thats the important differential...

Hey Scuba....on today’s hunt the chain was the only “1” signal. I had several....maybe 10 signals today that registered between “3-5”. All these signals were small bits of aluminum. That chain find today still has me shaking my head.

Hey Scuba....on today’s hunt the chain was the only “1” signal. I had several....maybe 10 signals today that registered between “3-5”. All these signals were small bits of aluminum. That chain find today still has me shaking my head.

Thank you. I am dying to see if I get the same results in the lake I play in where I know other chains are hiding.

Back
Top Bottom