1 More Eye Popper for me

Drakester

Hello again fellow metal detecting folks, just wanted to share a couple more of my bucket lister finds. My parents live in a area that was built up in the late 70's with a modern park across the street from there house, one day I was over visiting and just happen to look across the street at the park and thought I wonder if I would find anything over there. So I grabbed the good old A/T Pro and headed over to park, I decided to detect this hill that ran along a soccer field, on my third pass I got this real high smooth tone and came in at 99 on the A/T Pro. So thought to myself you better dig that one, dug it and to my complete amazement Triple WAMMMO my first silver dollar. A 1964 commemorative Canadian Charlotte Town Quebec Silver Dollar in pretty good shape, I was seriously lost for words didn't think it was real at first. HH:wow:

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,843
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,775
Last edited:
That's awesome!!! All the 99 signals I've ever dug were large garbage. Good on you for digging that one! I bet a referee used that for the coin flip before games. Thanks for posting.

Sweet! Those Soccer fields, even the real new ones, theres some amazing loot! Flip coins of various denominations such as yours! Congratulations!

I think I’d be disappointed to find one of those. I don’t speak Canadian.

i never had a 99 on my ATP that was big, deep iron. Great find!!

Thanks folks for all the nice comments, that's what I love about this hobby. Every time you find something cool it's like winning mini lotteries lol! HH

Congratulations on a awesome find.
I must agree with Stiffwrists though that digging a deep target with a 99 VDI on the AT Pro is always a difficult decision for me to make.
The accuracy of what I'm about to say depends a lot on the location you're digging and the ground balance of the soil, and it may mean absolutely nothing if you're digging in highly mineralized soil;
I have dug some good targets, including a silver half dollar and a Susan B Anthony dollar with a signal of +-99, but I've dug loads of huge scrap iron too.
In this case your decision to dig your very keepable dollar was awesome and the only correct one in the situation.

AT Pro/GPP-AT/Fiskars Diggers
I

I agree 100% tons of junk does come in at 99 on the Pro, I have dug alot of silver coins and rings. So when I had the coil over this target it just sounded way too clean and smooth so I thought dig it, So happy I did LOL!! HH :lol:

Back
Top Bottom