Antique Shop Finds

yacorie

Elite Member
So I went today and sold a few bottles to a local guy and on my way home stopped by an antique shop. The guy had 100s of bottles but mostly slicks or common stuff. I did end up buying these bottles for next to nothing (IMO).

Here is what they are.

1. Stowers Lime Juice (really cool bottle and most expensive at 6 dollars)
2. Hayner Whiskey Distillery Troy, Ohio
3. Father John Medicine Lowell, Mass
4. Paul Masson Cream Sherry (bought it because I thought my daughter would like the heart shape).
5. Horse Shoe Bitter - this has to be a reproduction - i just have to figure out which one.
6. WA Castle Olive Oil

1. Amber New England Bottling Company Hartford CT
2. Clear New England Bottling Company Hartford CT
3. M. Mcellemy Danbury CT
4. Wyeth & Bro Philada
5. Cobalt Blue Liberty Milk Company Buffalo NY

1. Unmarked whittled - looks like 3 piece mold
2. Older Dr Sasp PR bottle
3. unmarked but nice color and character
4. I have to figure out what this says. Something in script that is hard to read but from the Palisade MFG company Yonkers, NY
5. Liquidzone bottle

1. Newbros Herpicide Kills the Dandruff Germ Bottle
2. Tarrant & Co Druggists NY
3. Larkin Soap
4. Double Safety jar

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 522
Nice bunch of shelf bottles or as my wife calls them “dust collectors” . In my digging days I used to bring them to bottle shows and sell them for $1 apiece or 7 for 5 bucks. Yeah that cobalt milk shaped bottle is a repro but would probably be the most valuable because the casual collector loves cobalt. I’ve dug hundreds of cobalt bromo’s and they sold like hot cakes.

The cobalt is actually from the liberty dairy but the horseshoe bitters is the repro. I have 100s of bottles boxed up for flea markets in the $1 box. I’ve got a ton of blue ones as well.

The liquor bottles are easy for me to sell locally to people who like to display them on their bars, especially the old named whiskeys. Actually those and ACL sodas are ones that people always seem to want to buy when you post them. The medicines are the tough ones for me, at least so far

Back
Top Bottom