• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Diamond ring at the park today 18 total diamonds. Beautiful 14K white gold

oooh.. 3/4 carat is nice! I found one that was close earlier this year. Only .67 though.

Never had a palladium. that would be a fun one. Was it worth anything in melt? or are you a treasure box-er...?

Palladium currently is running in the same price range as Platinum. Roughly $30. per gram. Mine weighed 8 grams.

My local jeweler said the diamond rings would be 2800 and 4500 retail in her store as estate jewelry.

Attachments

• DSC00965 (2).JPG
    DSC00965 (2).JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 64
Palladium currently is running in the same price range as Platinum. Roughly $30. per gram. Mine weighed 8 grams.

My local jeweler said the diamond rings would be 2800 and 4500 retail in her store as estate jewelry.

Oh.. When you said, 1/2 and 3/4 you didn't mean "Total Weight."

Yeah, clean diamonds of 1/2 carat or more command MUCH higher prices.

1/3 center stone, though is just going to be a few hundred bucks.

Those are some gorgeous rings! I'm looking forward to my first true 3/4 carat and 1 carat centers. Best I've ever done is a .67 earlier this year, but the stone was an M color. VS1, but only M. Wholesale it was like $990. I got $300 out of the stone. :(

Wow,nice ring . Could you sell it on E b ay for more?

Not likely. My experience with eBay hasn't been great. 13% in fees is a LOT to simply hand away. I suppose if you have enough time, you could do it.

It would probably help to have the rings separated, so they could be sold as a set that wasn't already tacked together. But... an appraisal is $65, and separation would probably be $75 more.

So I'd be into it $140 before I even sold the item. That's the problem, see? Even if I could get $500 for it on eBay, with the cost of appraisal and separation, I'd be down to $360. Take away the $65 in fees, and bingo... $295. Right back where I started, LOL Plus, that's if I CAN sell it at $500.

I had a $3160 appraised ring, I couldn't dump on eBay, earlier this year, for $500... Cost me $69 in appraisal, too. Finally sent it into the refinery and got a diamond bid on it. I made $450.

So... If I'd just sent it to the refinery to begin with, I could have made $450 (less shipping). But instead I tried to make more, got an appraisal, and lost $69 in value. I ended up netting $373 on the ring (appraisal + shipping). And a whole lot of headache trying to sell on eBay.

Funny thing was, my jeweler lowballed me at $350 for the ring on the spot. I ended up with $23 more 4 months later. and she ended up making $69 from an appraisal. Not sure if that's a win-win... :(

Skippy

Nice ring! I found one similar, melt value was only $200 or so... spent $50 or whatever to have it appraised at $2400. Sold it on either this site or treasurenet for I think $1300.

Don't have to use ebay - try the classified sections on these forums.

Nice ring! I found one similar, melt value was only $200 or so... spent $50 or whatever to have it appraised at $2400. Sold it on either this site or treasurenet for I think $1300.

Don't have to use ebay - try the classified sections on these forums.

I suppose there is that. It is a freaking nice ring. Looking at it under a 40x loupe, I couldn't see flaws in the stones that would be readily visible under 10x, on either the solitaire or the side stones. The anniversary band is marked .35 on the back (which calculates to the same as the estimated weight of the stones). They are all clean under the loupe, too. The color, though, is probably an F or G. I'm thinking VVS2 for the main stone, and definitely VS1/2s on the others. Not an SI in the bunch.

Last edited:
Wow! That is a beauty! It's design is the equivalence of 3 rings. You did real good!

Yeah, would have been very cool to have had them actually be separated. Finding 3 rings would have been fun. (Isn't that funny how my brain works like that!). Soldered, though, it's one ring in my head.

Frankly, I think the aftermarket anniversary ring is stunning, too. Just beautiful.

At a size 5, though, it doesn't fit many fingers!

Back
Top Bottom