TRX Battery Life

dgerst

What kind of battery life are you getting out of your TRX? It's advertised as having 20 hours. I'm definitely not getting that out of AA's. Do 9 volts do better? I haven't tried them yet. I love the pinpointer but man mine sure eats batteries.

I havnt kept track of how many hours, but i know if you leave it on vibrate and beep it will drain the batteries faster. You can refer to youtube, or the manual on how to change settings.

9 volts last much longer than AA's in the TRX. I run mine in vibration mode only and haven't replaced the battery since November. Probably 20 hunts in that time..:grin:

Now that I've said this, my battery will be dead next hunt. :shrug:

Even though the 9 volt last longer, the trx still doesn't get great gas mileage. I bought my trx in late January and am on my 3rd battery. I replace it when the trx starts shutting off from a low battery. A battery last about a month with hard use. I am okay with that since the trx is a strong pin pointer with great depth.

I haven't actually kept track but I'm guessing I'm getting no more than a few hours out of a set of AA's. I will try 9 volts and switching off the vibrate to see how much difference that makes. I suppose if I'm that worried about it I can run recharegeables. But you're right. Aside from the battery life it is an excellent pinpointer.

Back
Top Bottom