Detector strictly for gold jewelry

cen1

Wanting your opinions for the best detector for finding gold jewelry. Chains, rings, etc of all quality of of gold. Not looking for nuggets so forget the High end Minelabs. thanks all.

Wanting your opinions for the best detector for finding gold jewelry. Chains, rings, etc of all quality of of gold. Not looking for nuggets so forget the High end Minelabs. thanks all.

You will want a machine that displays the most information possible to the user concerning pulltabs. There are many subtle differences between PT's and the faster and easier is to hear or see these nuances on a display the happier you will be with your choice to dig.

Today I hunted a park with lots of the older beaver tail tabs. These had a different signature from the newer but both were so repetitive and the machines frequency display confirmed to the point you could skip over those old PT's and just take the newer ones so as not to miss any white gold.

A machine that shows you size of target is very helpful but a good ear can do without size display over time. Chains are tough, you will need to dig low VDI well into the foil range and learn to be disapointed on land. Your chain is going to come from the water when you dig everything targeted... because you can :)

I hunt jewlery almost exclusively and have made my own programs to only alert me to gold and quarters and you might find a unit to fill the bill in the mid range models but I couldn't advise.

I have an Etrac now, and of course the silver is a give, but I realize the gold is rare with it. I do like the Fe and Co number along with the tones to identify targets so I need a good means of identifying the target, not just tones preferably. How about the new 30/30?

Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Fisher Goldbug; Whites GMT will all find gold chains. There are more. Enjoy the pulltabs! :cool:

defo the lobo super trac also the tejon pro , goldmaxxpower or goldmaxx mk1 i have seen dozens of tests over the years and also compaired against many machines when out with freinds on fine gold chains, earings, fine rings,tiny coins and these 4 machines have always consistently picked tiny gold up within the logic of depth obviously , what got us checking machines out when we could was the fact i pulled a fine gold chain with my goldmk1 a few hours after a m8 had walked over it with his etrac
like Soloman says enjoy the pultabs :neat: n even more fun with the fiddly bits of foil n lead pellets lol

Back
Top Bottom