New detector advice for around the $1,000 budget?

Very interesting replies as I am eyeing either the Nokta Impact or the AT Max as another detector eventually.

Not in the market for one right now but would love to have another tool in the toolbox, per se. I've also looked at videos of the MX Sport and that has interested me also. The wireless headphone feature of the first two definitely make those two top options.

Looking forward to some other replies on here.

Nokta Impact hands down. Coming from an ATP and Etrac this machine kills them. ATP is single frequency as is the ATmax. Impact has 3.. Impact has 12 customizable search modes. Impact can be updated online as I just did this morning. Just buy the pro package and never look back.

Nokta Impact hands down. Coming from an ATP and Etrac this machine kills them. ATP is single frequency as is the ATmax. Impact has 3.. Impact has 12 customizable search modes. Impact can be updated online as I just did this morning. Just buy the pro package and never look back.

What kind of battery life are you getting with this unit? 4 AA cells? Does unit balance very well....as good as say the Tek T2?

I'm getting great battery life. I have hunted all day long and haven't gone below 2 bars. I use the rechargable batteries that came with it as well as Panasonic Eneloops. The detector balances beautifully with both coils. A lot of the time I don't even use the strap to save time when doing a lot of digging. The detector is very light especially with the 4 1/2 x 7 coil. The Pro Package gives you a LOT of stuff and for $1000 this machine is better equipped than anything out there costing a lot more $ IMHO.

I'm getting great battery life. I have hunted all day long and haven't gone below 2 bars. I use the rechargable batteries that came with it as well as Panasonic Eneloops. The detector balances beautifully with both coils. A lot of the time I don't even use the strap to save time when doing a lot of digging. The detector is very light especially with the 4 1/2 x 7 coil. The Pro Package gives you a LOT of stuff and for $1000 this machine is better equipped than anything out there costing a lot more $ IMHO.

Thanks for the info, mudwhale. I do like that it can be updated online also and so many videos I've seen seem to show people happy with the machine. I'm definitely keeping my eye on it going forward and could see myself with one eventually.

My vote is for a Whites MX Sport with a 13" Detech coil, simply an awesome combo

Etrac all the way...

I have upgraded to many different detectors... Etrac is the way to go.. Goes deep... sniffs out he silver.... i have upped my game due to the Etrac. It does have a learning curve and you must go slow with it... I did not care much for it at first but after I learned the sounds i am loving it... I am looking forward to playing further with the settings to see what it can really do.... I have not heard many complaints about the etrac so that must say mountains about how good it is.

It's all about where you intend to hunt.For fields ,woods,lost sites,you want something light and fast and good in iron-a F-7,.a Deus.Public spots with tons of modern trash and lots of oldies then any Minelab FSB machine is supreme .Almost all the silver slayers use them.I'm talking multi-hundred silver coins a year from pounded public sites.I own an Explorer xs,II and a CTX.A used Explorer xs or II can be had for $300-400,just be aware Minelab will no longer service them.I will also say they are heavy and require a slow swing in trash.On the plus side they are great on salt wet sand.Good luck in your choice

Back
Top Bottom