larger coil for Ace 250?

sabresfan

I have only found 2 silver coins so far this year and they were shallow, would the 9 X 12 coil improve my depth and chances of finding more silver?

The larger coil will give you depth, but the most important thing to consider is that you have to put what ever coil you have over silver coins. Meaning that you can have the best of the best and still not find any silver coins. They have to be there, keep at it and your luck will turn soon enough. Good luck. Hoped this helped out a bit. I use the stock coil on mine and find enough to keep me busy.

Another thing to consider is that the larger you go with the coil the more difficult it will be in trashy areas and the ace is already a bugger to use under those conditions. There may be more falsing and lack of seperation. I only mention that because more often than not old coins are usually found in trashy areas these days. I believe you should get a little more depth and with persistence you should be able to work around the extra target masking and falsing but like has already been said you still have to be where the silver is. That is usually the reason for peoples lack of silver finds , there just isnt much or any at the location people are hunting.

I agree with Ohiochris. I think target separation in an area where you are likely to find silver is key. A larger coil will give you some more depth but for the cost of reduced target separation. I've used larger coils before but always go back to stock or smaller to do my hunting. If anything, I'd try a smaller sniper coil before I'd invest in a larger coil. Also as mentioned above, you have to get your coil (regardless of size) over some silver before you can find any !
Perseverance will pay off. Keep swinging champ !

Agree with all the above posts. That being said, what about a DD coil? I thought I read where they go a little deeper with good target separation for the trashy areas?
I believe Kellyco sells a Excelerator DD for the Ace.

Back
Top Bottom