SC Newbie

Keylimekid

Good morning,
I just wanted to introduce myself. Located in Lexington SC and new to the hobby/sport. I use an AT pro, with Garrett PP and hand trowel and flashlight. Am still in the learning curve of this machine. Spent last weekend on beach, south of Garden Grove pier at Murrells Inlet, SC. Found $1.52 in coin, caps, tabs, glass and oh yes, two unopened cans of Michelob Lite.....go figure....tide came in I suppose. I am fascinated by the history, and intrigued by the mysteries that surround this endeavor. Still learning where to hunt locally and applicable laws. Next on my wish/need list is a) digging tool, b) decent sand scoop or c) waterproof headphones. Where to next....”second star to the right and onward til tomorrow “.

Welcome from Gaston SC, from an old hand at this game. Been detecting since the early 80's. I've been here for 13 years and still having a difficult time locating good sites. The towns in this state are set up strangely. I come from Maine where town borders are rigidly defined and mapped out. Down here there is the "town limits" but no actual town borders. For instance my nephew lives on one road where across the street it's one town, as well as both neighbors, but his address is Gaston, the others are Swansea. It's confusing as hell!!!

Back
Top Bottom