Old Racetracks

Nice job putting that together. I live 4 miles from the Lonsdale Rhode Island one. Pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice job putting that together. I live 4 miles from the Lonsdale Rhode Island one. Pretty cool.

It is not me that put that together, look at the domain name.

My dad used to go to Lonsdale Arena to watch the stock car races back in the pre nascar era.

It is not me that put that together, look at the domain name.

My dad used to go to Lonsdale Arena to watch the stock car races back in the pre nascar era.
I know the site and have been using it for a while. What a useful tool. It is to bad that that place is so covered with brush and a stop and shop plaza otherwise I would detect it.

I know the site and have been using it for a while. What a useful tool. It is to bad that that place is so covered with brush and a stop and shop plaza otherwise I would detect it.

Covered with brush, that's always a good thing, figure out the layout, factor in how coins fall and see if those areas are in the brush. Then go back in old aerials and see if it is worth digging through the brush and briars. I love gettin all tore up on a hunt. Briars are my specialty. Keeps out the weekend warriors.:cool::cool::cool:

Covered with brush, that's always a good thing, figure out the layout, factor in how coins fall and see if those areas are in the brush. Then go back in old aerials and see if it is worth digging through the brush and briars. I love gettin all tore up on a hunt. Briars are my specialty. Keeps out the weekend warriors.:cool::cool::cool:
True and there is a bike path that abuts the property and goes by the damn.we will see. I have a laundry list of places to hit. To much to do not enough time.

Hudson SuperSix Pick up...1946-47 Possibly my favorite vehicle of all time..beautiful...

Last two I found were behind a barn in Chattanooga with trees growing up through them..there used to be an old guy out in Iowa that had a lot of Hudsons out in his field...all other vehicles he considered 'Brand X"

Thanks for the memories Vin!
Mud

Hudson SuperSix Pick up...1946-47 Possibly my favorite vehicle of all time..beautiful...

Last two I found were behind a barn in Chattanooga with trees growing up through them..there used to be an old guy out in Iowa that had a lot of Hudsons out in his field...all other vehicles he considered 'Brand X"

Thanks for the memories Vin!
Mud

Back Atcha Capt!

Hudson had it over 'em all!!!! Love the SS PU!!!
Sheesh we be old an sh#t!

I recently found the remains of an old track of some sort here in Ohio. I spotted it on google satellite though I cant find any information on it and until I go check it out in person I wont be able to figure out what kind of track it was , car, horse , human running , etc ???? But the shape of the track is still there visible from above though its not a track anymore. It " appears " to be public land too so Im excited to get over there and check it out.

Thanks for the site. There is a track marked 1/2 mile speedway on a 1904 historical map of Jackson county, Missouri just North of Lees Summit I know the area and I'm still trying to zero in on it. The 1904 map is the only map I've found it on. This may help. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom