Diggin' in Va questions

Gatchaman

Has anyone gone to a Diggin' in Va hunt? Figured I'd ask here first.

I'd love to sign up for the next hunt, but only have my Fisher F2 and a BH Tracker IV as backup.

I've read that the soil is hot and can mess with some detectors. I've detected several spots here in Loudoun County, which is an hour and a half or so to Culpepper where the hunts are. I've had no problems at all here.

Is the soil that different out there? If you have gone, have you seen anyone use a F2? Thanks!

I've been twice and have not noticed anyone using an F2 but I wasn't really looking. Most use a PI machine of some sort but some use the vlf's and have decent luck, the trick is to dig everything. In most of the places in Culpeper when you find a bullet it will sound and read just like iron sometimes even on top of the ground.

I used to live in Culpeper and I dug my share of buttons, bullets, and frags. I used a Whites 6000XL PRO, and Whites MXT. On a campsite or battlefield just dig everything and you'll get your share of relics. It's red mineralized soil and some VLF's only go an inch or two deep and other places you may get a 4 or 6 inch bullet or button. I never used a PI and I found my share. HH
John

I have never been to one, but perhaps u could message Nuggetnoggin or another Youtuber who have been to DIV's in the past to see what they can tell you.

I have been to 7 DIVs. The ground is incredibly bad around Brandy Station, most vlfs I've used don't really ID well at all, just about every target sounds like a nail. If you use a vlf make sure it has ground balance. I've used the Whites Blue & Gray, X terra 705, and T2 with some success. Now I mostly hunt with the Whites TDI, a pulse machine.

hmmm

ive never been to a Va DIV. However I dig these areas in Va all the time. I use a whites mxt-pro and no need to spend money on a group dig. However I would like to go to one just to meet the peeps. I heard some pretty nice guys go out and id like to see the finds they produce. :)

Back
Top Bottom