Where did this come from?

yep its a wound badge. # types and black being the most common. Meaning one wound. However I buy sell and I am a dealer in ww2 as well as my father with over 6,000 german relics. Id like to see the back of this one in a pic as MOST are repo's.
Just saying

I would love to show the back but I sold it on feebay for 85.00 in 2007. They wouldn't let you show the front and I did have a back picture. I just do not know where it is at this time. I certainly understand WW2 fakes though but I know this was the real deal. If I get time, I will look at an old HDD. Best I can do.

Was the back hollow then, essentially the same look as the front? Hey, consider your self lucky you sold it back in 07. Today you might be lucky to get $40 with the way the militaria market has gone. :?:

chariletune

Was the back hollow then, essentially the same look as the front? Hey, consider your self lucky you sold it back in 07. Today you might be lucky to get $40 with the way the militaria market has gone. :?:

In some ways you are correct in others ways youd be surprised. My father sells ww2 online at manions.com and at local auctions in fla and flee markets. The thing is civil war was HOT in the late 70's running to early 2000's. Now at most place its just not bringing what it did. Now on to ww2 items, Everybody and their brother is always contacting us wanting german stuff and just a tad of american stuff. Rite now German ww2 stuff is on FIRE. I mean we cant keep a great deal of the common stuff as it goes fast and the more rare stuff also sells quick but of course at a nice big tag. WW2 german in fla is flying around with dealers buying and selling.
Im just hoping civil war hits high again as ive been collecting and holding out till the market on it goes nuts again.Its weird constantly revolving :)

POW camp?

I think Yellowk9 has it right. I found a Deutsches Reich 1942 coin in the woods near Savannah Georgia some years ago, when everything else we found was colonial/rev war era. An old man overheard us talking at a BBQ restaurant after we dug, and told us German POWs were used as timber cutters in that area. It all made sense then.

I've got to admit that $85 for a black wound badge is a very good price, at any time. Not sure I would say the Militaria Market has depreciated alot since then tough. If anything prices have kept going up, certainly in Europe as people look to invest in such items.

Kind Regards,
Simon

I've got to admit that $85 for a black wound badge is a very good price, at any time. Not sure I would say the Militaria Market has depreciated alot since then tough. If anything prices have kept going up, certainly in Europe as people look to invest in such items.

Kind Regards,
Simon

Yes it was hollow and the pin and hook were attached. LOL when I found it, it was so encrusted with sand that pin was barely reconizable.

Last edited:
In some ways you are correct in others ways youd be surprised. My father sells ww2 online at manions.com and at local auctions in fla and flee markets. The thing is civil war was HOT in the late 70's running to early 2000's. Now at most place its just not bringing what it did. Now on to ww2 items, Everybody and their brother is always contacting us wanting german stuff and just a tad of american stuff. Rite now German ww2 stuff is on FIRE. I mean we cant keep a great deal of the common stuff as it goes fast and the more rare stuff also sells quick but of course at a nice big tag. WW2 german in fla is flying around with dealers buying and selling.
Im just hoping civil war hits high again as ive been collecting and holding out till the market on it goes nuts again.Its weird constantly revolving :)

Maybe it depends on the market. I know uniforms I paid $50 in 2007 I sold in the last couple years for $20-$25. I had a few German items and almost had to give them away. The few items I had that brought decent money I didn't get what they were going for 6-7 years ago (recently sold a SA and a Wehrmacht officers dagger at a show for $300 each, and was lucky to get $70 on an Iron Cross 1st Class). Civil War seems to be a constant depreciation as is War of 1812, Span Am, IW, etc. Some items hold their value, but other things the bottom falls out of. Within the next 50 years OIF and OEF will be hot. I see guys currently paying more for DCU's then I would imagine. For some reason the Vietnam craze never took off nearly anything remotely like WW2, and the intelligence level of most people in this day and age doesn't even compute the fact we fought in Korea. The part that blew my mind was I walked away from WW2 and later for a few years and came back to sell the stuff to make room for WW1 and earlier, it was almost heartbreaking to see getting $60 for a 14th AAF pilots Ike jacket with insignia ribbons and wings that a few years earlier $150 would have been in the ball park. As for me I wish as a buyer that WW1 and earlier would depreciate a little quicker. :D

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom