Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2041  
Old 01-19-2019, 04:44 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Talking I hope it's not connected to "SkyNet" !

Scuba quickly decided to find another beach to detect after seeing the competition on this one !
Name:  Leggos_beach_Scuba.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  59.6 KB

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2042  
Old 01-19-2019, 04:46 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Talking ...not your average auto repair !

Grumpa liked his old car so much he found a way to get more miles out of it !
Name:  Grumpas_auto_repair.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  52.3 KB

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2043  
Old 01-20-2019, 03:54 AM
dirtykneese's Avatar
dirtykneese dirtykneese is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indiana, Philippines(winter)
Posts: 1,755
Default

A little off topic, but, sometimes we talk about the trash on the beaches over here and other places look like a junk yard.
The other day my wife and I walked down to the grave yard to visit her parents grave.
The crooks that think they own this grave yard are always telling me about their improvements. Bull !!!!. Since the old man that owned it passed away about 10 years ago. Nothing has been done any place. It looks like a junk yard. No one cleans up after they have a party .. Leave trash blow around to where ever it wants to go. So, I took a couple pictures just to show every one how trashey they are over here. It sure is a shame that they just can not carry out what they bring. No matter where that might be. They just do not care. They all are slobs. Maybe you can tell I dont like it here very much..
That is all for now... KEN
Attached Images
  

__________________
I just enjoy all my friends on this Friendly Forum.
A wonderful bunch of great people.

KEN

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #2044  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:21 AM
davidlhyde63366's Avatar
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 1,034
Thumbs up Mud's felled tree

Originally Posted by GLASSHOPPER1955 View post
Hey! I find old bottles in felled tree roots out in the woods. Mud's got the right idea!
You have to wonder who in the past sat under or played under that tree what got dropped and covered by roots for many years, undisturbed .

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2045  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 AM
davidlhyde63366's Avatar
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 1,034
Default Scuba and the Lego man

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Scuba quickly decided to find another beach to detect after seeing the competition on this one !
Attachment 434495
Could be the start of a new movie .

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2046  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:50 AM
davidlhyde63366's Avatar
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 1,034
Default Trashy grave yards in the Philippines

Originally Posted by dirtykneese View post
A little off topic, but, sometimes we talk about the trash on the beaches over here and other places look like a junk yard.
The other day my wife and I walked down to the grave yard to visit her parents grave.
The crooks that think they own this grave yard are always telling me about their improvements. Bull !!!!. Since the old man that owned it passed away about 10 years ago. Nothing has been done any place. It looks like a junk yard. No one cleans up after they have a party .. Leave trash blow around to where ever it wants to go. So, I took a couple pictures just to show every one how trashey they are over here. It sure is a shame that they just can not carry out what they bring. No matter where that might be. They just do not care. They all are slobs. Maybe you can tell I dont like it here very much..
That is all for now... KEN
It is really sad that they don't care enough to make a attempt to keep them clean over there. This is more common than you would think it to be , Every time I visit my wifes family crypts in a rural area it is a hodge podge of crypts often with new ones covering old graves. Wild vines and weeds every where , trash left by visiting families and kids out drinking beer. You have to be careful just walking around not to trip on stuff dumped there. One of the biggest issues is that most rural areas have no trash removal services. Most places just burn or bury their trash. Most public beaches have so much buried trash really hard to detect them. If nothing else they could tie out a few goats to keep the weeds down.

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2047  
Old 01-20-2019, 11:31 AM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Default

Originally Posted by dirtykneese View post
A little off topic, but, sometimes we talk about the trash on the beaches over here and other places look like a junk yard.
The other day my wife and I walked down to the grave yard to visit her parents grave.
The crooks that think they own this grave yard are always telling me about their improvements. Bull !!!!. Since the old man that owned it passed away about 10 years ago. Nothing has been done any place. It looks like a junk yard. No one cleans up after they have a party .. Leave trash blow around to where ever it wants to go. So, I took a couple pictures just to show every one how trashey they are over here. It sure is a shame that they just can not carry out what they bring. No matter where that might be. They just do not care. They all are slobs. Maybe you can tell I dont like it here very much..
That is all for now... KEN
Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
It is really sad that they don't care enough to make a attempt to keep them clean over there. This is more common than you would think it to be , Every time I visit my wifes family crypts in a rural area it is a hodge podge of crypts often with new ones covering old graves. Wild vines and weeds every where , trash left by visiting families and kids out drinking beer. You have to be careful just walking around not to trip on stuff dumped there. One of the biggest issues is that most rural areas have no trash removal services. Most places just burn or bury their trash. Most public beaches have so much buried trash really hard to detect them. If nothing else they could tie out a few goats to keep the weeds down.
That's sad, I guess there are no local politicians and/or laws/fines to reduce how much that happens ?

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2048  
Old 01-20-2019, 11:34 AM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Talking Imagine going to the store with that !

David invented a new solution to travel thru all the snow they are getting
Name:  Daves_snow_solution.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  59.9 KB

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2049  
Old 01-20-2019, 12:21 PM
davidlhyde63366's Avatar
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 1,034
Default Trash in rural philippines

Originally Posted by GKL View post
That's sad, I guess there are no local politicians and/or laws/fines to reduce how much that happens ?
As a country they are becoming much more aware of the problem , but in the rural areas where the people are poor they still deal with it like they have for years , burn what you can , bury the rest . There are no trash trucks or pick up services available. To make it worse disposable plastic products ,individual serving sizes have become very popular.

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2050  
Old 01-20-2019, 12:24 PM
davidlhyde63366's Avatar
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 1,034
Default snow transportation

Originally Posted by GKL View post
David invented a new solution to travel thru all the snow they are getting
Attachment 434526
Going to he a lot of hunters on the east coast needing a rig like this soon.

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2051  
Old 01-20-2019, 06:48 PM
GLASSHOPPER1955's Avatar
GLASSHOPPER1955 GLASSHOPPER1955 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LaPorte County, Indiana
Posts: 2,424
Default

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
You have to wonder who in the past sat under or played under that tree what got dropped and covered by roots for many years, undisturbed .
Yeah, in my examples these were dumps in woods, and years later trees grew up among them and windstorms blew the trees over, exposing the "goods". It does make the finding a little easier.

__________________
"Digging up the past - one bottle at a time since 1969"

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #2052  
Old 01-21-2019, 12:27 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Talking I don't watch that show myself, but a member requested a funny edit with this character, and this idea came to mind !

Well, what brand of detector did you expect "Dog the "Bounty Hunter" to use ?
Name:  DBH_detecting_clad.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  81.8 KB

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2053  
Old 01-21-2019, 12:52 PM
davidlhyde63366's Avatar
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 1,034
Default Dog the Bounty Hunter

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Well, what brand of detector did you expect "Dog the "Bounty Hunter" to use ?
Attachment 434610
May be with a name like that he will make some more edits,

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #2054  
Old 01-21-2019, 11:25 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Talking Maybe he can detect from the hovercraft too !

Ken's hovercraft solution for navigating the trashy beaches over there ?
Name:  Kens_hovercraft_trash-philippine-beach.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  85.4 KB

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #2055  
Old 01-21-2019, 11:57 PM
GLASSHOPPER1955's Avatar
GLASSHOPPER1955 GLASSHOPPER1955 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LaPorte County, Indiana
Posts: 2,424
Default

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Well, what brand of detector did you expect "Dog the "Bounty Hunter" to use ?
Attachment 434610
Dawg!! You Dog!! Hope you don't meet "The Pickers"!! I'd like to see you roll Frank.
Attached Images
 

__________________
"Digging up the past - one bottle at a time since 1969"

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2056  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:09 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Talking Don't forget the Spam !

Originally Posted by dirtykneese View post
...Maybe you can tell I dont like it here very much..
That is all for now... KEN
Ken wanted to come home early even if he had to do it himself
Name:  Kens_DIY_plane.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  115.4 KB

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #2057  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:43 PM
davidlhyde63366's Avatar
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 1,034
Default Ken's flight

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Ken wanted to come home early even if he had to do it himself
Attachment 434696
That looks like a no frills flight to me , my first trip to the Philippines back in 1989 I landed on my wifes island in what I call a puddle jumper . The old plane was able to land on water ,had pontoons and looked well past retirement date.

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2058  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:58 PM
davidlhyde63366's Avatar
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 1,034
Default Ken's hover craft

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Ken's hovercraft solution for navigating the trashy beaches over there ?
Attachment 434671
Looks like Ken is trying to make the best of a trashy area, and find a good spot to detect.

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2059  
Old 01-23-2019, 12:28 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Default

Originally Posted by GLASSHOPPER1955 View post
Yeah, in my examples these were dumps in woods, and years later trees grew up among them and windstorms blew the trees over, exposing the "goods". It does make the finding a little easier.
We have few old trees on our property that fell over, maybe I need to detect there just in case, but since our property was woods about 6 - 7 years before we moved here there might not be much to find unless people were hiking thru the woods back then and dropped stuff.

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #2060  
Old 01-23-2019, 12:33 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 4,695
Default

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
As a country they are becoming much more aware of the problem , but in the rural areas where the people are poor they still deal with it like they have for years , burn what you can , bury the rest . There are no trash trucks or pick up services available. To make it worse disposable plastic products ,individual serving sizes have become very popular.
Makes me thankful for the trash pickup we have here in the states, something that is easy to take for granted until you read about other places that don't have it.

__________________
Gary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Reply


Tags
edit, funny, photos, pics, pictures

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.