Seat protection

Dew when I hunted every day I had seat covers,,,the neoprene ones that worked real well,,,paid $150 for them though,,,put a towel on top of them and never had an issue,,,,my issue was I never covered my seat belt strap and from my water shirt, it did a number on it,,,GL HH

In Hawaii wet butts on car seats are pretty standard so many people have the neoprene seat covers. I have them as well and a towel or similar absorbing material is more than enough. One brand name for the seat covers is Wet Okole. Translated it means wet butt. Works for me🤗

,,,,my issue was I never covered my seat belt strap and from my water shirt, it did a number on it,,,GL HH
Same here Tim. My seat belt was taken out and cleaned and softened a bit by a body shop when I had my truck repainted in the last year. It didn't last long and is pretty much back to not retracting well. I may just buy a new one and then cover the seat belt with something where it makes contact with my shirt.

Problem Solved :shock:

Attachments

• ass gasket.jpg
    ass gasket.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 77
Ok guys...... when you get out of the water how do you protect your seats from salt water damage? Ive tried towels.... and even black garbage bags. Im thinking of having a friend take two thick beach towels.....sandwitch some plastic between them.... then sow them together..... and sow a web belt to the top which will slip over my seats neck brace.... so i can easily put it on and off. Hate trying to wiggle on a towel that wont stay on my back. Salt water really takes it tole on leather seats. Got to be a pain for most of us.

Dew

Dew.. why don't you try something like this in the link: Its made for leather.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZTXPJ...6H0Kw9mohCUg&slotNum=12&tag=outchoose-20&th=1

https://outdoorchoose.com/best-waterproofing-spray/

Craig..... i use 303 a leather protector, but salt water every day is just mean to a leather seat.

Tim.... hear ya about that seat belt it get all up in the crank there and you cant hardly get it to retract.

Felix..... here ya go buddy...... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-Car-A...h=item2f265a33d5:g:QR0AAOSwRxJb8dLS:rk:7:pf:0 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ive got one of them coming let ya know if its a piece of cr*p. Cheap enough to find out. that and my thick towel should do it. Im not a fan of seat covers ina good looking car...... well unless it has a pirate on it.:lol:

Update..... i got it in and have used it a couple of hunts ...even one where i went from one beach to another staying in my wetsuit. Its micro fiber.... the back isnt completely rubber. It reminds me of the stuff that you put in a cabinet to hold plates from moving. Criss cross sticky rubberish. BUT.... i like it. It seems to stay in place unlike a towel and goes right over my head rest. I just throw my towel down on it and jump in. Going to order a second i think for the price. My seat never got wet.

I notice the local surfers take their wet suit off just standing by their car and that gets rid of the most of the wet stuff. then a towel on the car seat for any moisture that seeps thru their clothing. Yes they wear a bathing suit. No one seems to object.

View attachment 433837 And I ain't even around salt water.

Yeah, but still, its not comfortable to have a soaking wet seat alla the time,

What I do is, when beach hopping from one to the next 4 or 5 beaches every morning, and drawers soaked, instead of changing alla the time,......I have a Frogg Togg set of rain gear and the jacket makes for a nice seat cover...

At the final place, I peel off the wet gear and towel down, get into my street clothes and am good to go with a nice dry bum...so yeah, that Frogg Togg Jacket serves dual purpose..

Normally i take my suit off at the car too and have a thick towel...... but i wanted to see how it did with the wet suit on. Ive used a garbage bag on the seat and hoped in with the wet suit... lot of water when i got out on that bag. I have heated seats as well as them being leather..... another concern.

hey Dew, glad to hear youre getting a second seat cover, now I don't have to worry about wrecking your sest with my wet butt:laughing::laughing: see you soon

Back
Top Bottom