I don't understand Coinstar users...

Iggyks

Elite Member
They don't seem to understand that rejected coins, unless foreign or mangled, are still spendable. This was in the machine when I made a lunchtime grocery run. Almost four bucks (Oops, my math is way off, less than three bucks), nothing old except the '46 wheatie, but I'll take it!

Attachments

• P1010227.jpg
    P1010227.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
Sweet! I think sometimes people are in too big of a hurry to notice/care about the money they leave behind. :D It's nice for the rest of us, though! Congrats on the clad and the wheat penny!

They don't seem to understand that rejected coins, unless foreign or mangled, are still spendable. This was in the machine when I made a lunchtime grocery run. Almost four bucks, nothing old except the '46 wheatie, but I'll take it!

I'm pretty sure, they dump and run. They just "forget." or they're not familiar with the equipment.

it's weird, for sure!

I've only ever found a couple of pieces of coins. Like $0.50 worth, maybe. Finding $4 is quite a haul!

Yeah, in a hurry or dumb.
But also, people do not approach this as a vending machine - they are not expecting to get something out of the machine, and then also checking for change. They get their receipt and walk away. The mechanical noise probably drowns out the sound of falling rejects, too.

"Dumb they are...understanding is not necessary."
YODA

I have found a lot of clad in these machines, some pretty neat foreign coins and these three silver dimes so far.

Attachments

• dime 1.jpg
    dime 1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 496
  • user10659_pic69446_1451840658.jpg
    user10659_pic69446_1451840658.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 500
  • photostudio_1507236207543.jpg
    photostudio_1507236207543.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
I go to Wal-Mart on lunch most days, check Coin-star first and what ever I find( non Silver ) goes towards my usual Subway lunch.

Congrats on the Coinstar finds! The most I've found is about $0.75, but at different times I've found 2 Canadian Pennies, 1 Canadian Quarter, a 10 Yen, and crusty Zincolns. :D

A few months ago I found a WHOLE BUNCH of quarters, dimes, and nickels in the reject tray. I actually had to skip it and come back to it later because a lady was trying to show me where something was and I didn't want her to have to wait for me. Luckily it was pretty late and no one else grabbed them.

I've found a 1943 steel penny, a few clad coins, and a guitar pick in my local Coinstar!

Nice score!

I’ve found a couple jackpots like that with $6 or $7 in change, scoop them up and put them in a cargo pocket and laugh as you jingle on it if the store.

Lately been slim pickings in the reject bin, got a British coin the other day.

Previously I haven't found more than 40-50 cents at once... got a Mexico dollar coin last week, and some dimes stuck together :roll:

They don't seem to understand that rejected coins, unless foreign or mangled, are still spendable. This was in the machine when I made a lunchtime grocery run. Almost four bucks, nothing old except the '46 wheatie, but I'll take it!

Anyone else only count $2.69 here???????? :?:

Regardless ;), that's a great little score just laying around for you to find....... :)

Coinstar rejects fake nickel

This "nickel" is posted on Ebay for $250. It clings to a magnet, as shown in other photos too. Then, in the description, he says it was rejected by a COINSTAR. He said it likely came from his son's Grandmother, who likes to travel to the Carribean. He also says it is a counterfeit, and is not for sale...just wanted to show it off I guess.

Attachments

• trick nickel.jpg
    trick nickel.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 282
Back
Top Bottom