Charles Manson dies...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
...Finally.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/charles-manson-whose-cult-slayings-horrified-world-dies-055844949.html

For those old enough to live at the time of the Tate-LaBianca killings, saw the headlines after the crimes, watched the trial and learned about the psychological hold he had on his followers and all that they did this was all new to most of us...and horrifying.

The trial itself and everything that went on around it was surreal...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/20/former-ap-reporter-recalls-surreal-spectacle-manson-trial.html

A strange and unnerving time in history for this country.

...Finally.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/charles-manson-whose-cult-slayings-horrified-world-dies-055844949.html

For those old enough to live at the time of the Tate-LaBianca killings, saw the headlines after the crimes, watched the trial and learned about the psychological hold he had on his followers and all that they did this was all new to most of us...and horrifying.

The trial itself was surreal...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/20/former-ap-reporter-recalls-surreal-spectacle-manson-trial.html

A strange and unnerving time in history for this country.

Who cares? He cost tax payer millions

The world just got a little better.

'cuse me while I morn the scumbags death

iu

why in the world wasn't he executed ? - I know California had the death penalty. I'll check google. Ok, the California Supreme Court threw out the state death penalty in 1972, so the Manson gang's death sentences were thrown out, reduced to life *with* the possibility of parole. When the California voters later reinstated the death penalty, the Manson family sentences had already been reduced. I just wish their death sentences had been carried out quicker.

I was 10yrs old at the time and I can say it sure set me off from the idea of becoming a Hippy...Before Manson pulled that terrible crime, it seemed like a viable and attractive existence for a young boy to pursue!

No work, no taking a bath, no time constraints, no taking orders from the Man! Just sitting around all day long being groovy!...

But Man, that was just too much for my 10yr old brain to wrap itself around...after that, I didnt want to be a Hippy at all! As much as I like camping and girls, it flat out Scared me! Really scared my Folks!

I dont like Hippies to this day!...They are notoriously unreliable, never around when theres work to do...bumming smokes alla the time, hardly any worthwhile skills, not counting kicking a HackySack or throwing a Frisbee...stinking like patchouli... Dirty Stinking Hippies!

I always carry an object to throw at them...Hard...My Daughter and wife will tell you!..."Why do you always have an apple or a rock in your hand?" ..
"In case I see a Hippy!" I say...

All Thanks to Manson, I've knocked quite a few Hippies out of their Jesus Creepers in these past 45+yrs!

Its funny to hear them whine...'Not cool Man, Not cool!':laughing: Hey, Whats 'Not Cool' is I had to change my career path and find a job immediately! Before Sundown! Picking strawberries for my Dads buddy who owned United Fruit! It was either that or get shipped off to Military school with the Finklestein kid! And like I said, I dont like to take no damned orders from Nobody!:laughing:...

Last edited:
I was 10yrs old at the time and I can say it sure set me off from the idea of becoming a Hippy...Before Manson pulled that terrible crime, it seemed like a viable and attractive existence for a young boy to pursue!

No work, no taking a bath, no time constraints, no taking orders from the Man! Just sitting around all day long being groovy!...

But Man, that was just too much for my 10yr old brain to wrap itself around...after that, I didnt want to be a Hippy at all! As much as I like camping and girls, it flat out Scared me! I dont like Hippies to this day!...They are notoriously unreliable, never around when theres work to do...bumming smokes alla the time, hardly any worthwhile skills, not counting kicking a HackySack or throwing a Frisbee...stinking like patchouli... Dirty Stinking Hippies!

I always carry an object to throw at them...Hard...My Daughter and wife will tell you!..."Why do you always have an apple or a rock in your hand?" ..
"In case I see a Hippy!" I say...

All Thanks to Manson, I've knocked quite a few Hippies out of their Jesus Creepers in these past 45+yrs!

Its funny to hear them whine...'Not cool Man, Not cool!':laughing: Hey, Whats 'Not Cool' is I had to change my career path and find a job!

I agree, damn hippies. Anyone who throws a concert in the name of the environment then trashes the place should be beaten.

Mudpuppy's real secret is that he is a closet hippy. He even wears Burkenstock's and socks when he is water hunting. I read it on the internet, so it HAS to be true.

Mudpuppy's real secret is that he is a closet hippy. He even wears Burkenstock's and socks when he is water hunting. I read it on the internet, so it HAS to be true.

No Way! I dont wear socks with my Berkies!! Well, Definitely not after Labor Day anyhow...! :laughing:

Attachments

• aug 18-16-3.jpg
    aug 18-16-3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
My mom has a shirt just like that.....

She does? I found it on the beach up here, along with her hat and glasses and her shorts...Whats her address? I'll send it all back...:laughing::laughing:

:shock: I think there just might be more to this story! But first we have to do some investigatin' find out exactly what Mud was doing on August 28th, 1959... :laughing:

I'm just sayin', Thanksgivings coming up and it would be great to get the whole family together! :cool:

No Way! I dont wear socks with my Berkies!! Well, Definitely not after Labor Day anyhow...! :laughing:

Is that a dog or a little baby goat by your feet. Looks like he's got the little knots on his head like a goat.
Anyway , I remember when all that stuff went down , sure was a shock to the country back then. It probably wasn't to long after that people started locking their doors at night.
I wasn't a hippie then, kind of young for that at the time , but I didn't mind playin with the leftover hippie chicks a few years later. :D

Back
Top Bottom