• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A president and a planet...

MadTownScoop

Elite Member
Hit a local park in Madison today. Got me a couple old nickels, '55 and '64 along with a '40 WB and these two shiny things :)

1945 Mercury and a 1948 Rosie. Almost didnt dig them as the signal was bouncing all over from upper 70's to low 90's and was about 8" down and about the size of a tennis ball. Figured aluminum can or the like. Decided to prove myself right. Glad I was mistaken. Dug the rosie first, Filled hole back in and put flap back and tamped it down. Ran ATP across it again and rang a solid 84. Re-opened the flap and hole and propointed my Mercury at 4" but the dirt had been turned over. Got the '40 WB about 5' away. Worked the area around this for about 20' in all directions to no avail. Nothing more to be found. The ground is completely saturated here and it's gonna stay that way for a while due to all the rain (4+" in last two days) we've gotten and gonna rain for the next 5-7 with the exception of Saturday. The area I got the silvers in was aprox 25'X30' in a park setting surrounded by flower gardens and small shrubs and trees. Tot lot has been picked clean. Got a nice 90/91 signal at about 2" near the tennis courts. Was hoping for silver ring but alas it was two quarters. LOL.

Had two complete moronic,rude,intrusive,obnoxious older guys harassing me for over half an hour. One was acting VERY Crazy like a senial homless man and kept putting his hands on me. Kept my cool and just told the other one when the crazy one left that I'm either gonna call the cops on him if he touches me again or,, And showed him my lesch and told him thats my defense should the guy attack me or try to take my ATP. LOL. The one who stuck around me for over an hour was very talkative but just would not leave me alone. Kept trying to get a price out of me for my ATP and ProPointer. I also did NOT tell him or show him my two silvers in my pocket. If you knew me personally you'd be VERY surprised I kept my cool through all this. I am not a patient guy by any standards. Just didnt wanna create a scene. LOL. Good day either way. Enjoy the pic.

Great title and great finds. As for the guy touching you, if a stranger gets inside my personal 'bubble' without being invited there will be an issue.

T-handle Sampson for those types of fools...

Good on you though, keeping cool, congrats on the silvers!!!

<*)))>{

Yeah, I seriously thought about pushing him away when he started touching me. He was probably late 50's to 60 or so and??? Crazy as a???? Talking all sorts of !!!! that was incoherent and kind of groping me. Figured if I even touched him it was gonna be ON. And I'll say this much. Im 44 very soon. Have not been in a real fight since freshman year in High School for a reason. I know that once I start, I wont stop. Im afraid I'd put him in the hospital or who knows. Just better that I dont act. Had he tried taking my ATP or any other property of mine. It would have been on. Self defense. I Felt threatened so I probably could have acted. Just wanted him to disappear so I was doing my best to ignore him. I did take off my sunglasses and gave him a nice "Im gonna knock your head off if you dont scram" look and boy, did he leave quick. His whole demeanor changed. But he did come back about 10 min later. Other guy was still chatting my ears off even with my headset on. LOL. Some people. Not sure if the other guy was legit crazy or on drugs. I'll go back to that park sometime. Might not go alone tho. They were friends but not sure if they were scamming me or what. The "friendlier" guy may have been waiting for me to react so they could go two on one and take my gear. ?? Oh well, I got two of his silvers from the park just across from his house. These two make it 9 silver dimes I have now in 2 years. Still no legit rings this year tho. Thanks for looking and thanks for compliments. HH.

Back
Top Bottom