Finally on the board for 2018

T-Man

Elite Member
Hardly got out much this year, between the weather, dealing with the flu, work, and family responsibilties not had a ton of time. Lastnight it actually made it up to 75 degrees which is unheard of this time of year in Ohio. Didn't have much time, less than an hour, so I grabbed the ATP and headlight, climbed up the mudslick hill through the woods behind my house and hit a spot I've had some luck at before. First target I dug was the 1883 V, Had a heck of a time trying to find it just using the light of the carrot. I knew I was holding it but it was more a soupy mess of roots and mud I was trying to feel through. Finally got ahold of it, knew it was a nickel, hoping for a Buff (which I've yet to find) rubbed some mud off and saw the stars and realized it was a V. Had to wait till I got home to see the date, 1883 I think maybe 88, needs a trip through the tumbler eventually. Swung a little more, little can slaw, some pulls tabs, bullet, 2 dimes, thought the were both clad. Didn't notice until I got home had my first silver for the year. 54 Rosie, I'll take it. For a 45 minute hunt think I did alright.

Attachments

• rosieV.jpg
    rosieV.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 112
Nice finds, Congratulations. I have yet to find a Buff and I found a 1954 Rosie last Sunday. lol

Thanks everyone, may need to get up there again sometime soon but back to cold rainy weather again for the next coupes days or week. Not trecking up that hill in the rain or I'd come back looking like John Candy after he finished wresting all the girls in Stripes.

Back
Top Bottom