Finally, I Got In A Hunt! And Man Did That Jerky Ever Taste Good! Yum Yum!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Finally! It warmed up to -14! Better then the -20's as has been the case for most of February this year. Made some jerky a couple of days ago. Nothing like a beer, a carrot and some good old home made beef jerky to fill up the gut!

Got a couple of dollars in clad and a bottle opener. Pick'ns are pretty slow. It's been too cold even for kids to go out and play on those snow hills. I was using the AT MAX today. I put in about 4 hours........ Going to sleep real good tonite! :tropical:

Attachments

• DSCN1617 (2).jpg
    DSCN1617 (2).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 185
Congratulations! Also, Cheers to the Canadian Winter Olympic teams!...Man...that Womens Hockey game with the USA girls about got out of hand though!

Why do you have to rub it in? :lol: not the rub for the jerky, but the fact that you get to eat some and we don't ?!?!? :laughing: nice haul! Congrats John!

John, you are a hearty soul. The fact that you got out to hunt and managed some good finds. Congrats. What do you use to break ground ? Jerky looks great too,love me some jerky, uhhuhmmm. Think I will try your recipe. Stay warm Mark

John, you are a hearty soul. The fact that you got out to hunt and managed some good finds. Congrats. What do you use to break ground ? Jerky looks great too,love me some jerky, uhhuhmmm. Think I will try your recipe. Stay warm Mark

I use my relic shovel. It easily goes through the snow and cracks the ice.

Back
Top Bottom