Battery Information

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Hi to all,
I am looking for some advice on rechargeable batteries and chargers. I do have some AA rechargeable batteries and a charger, My problem is that even with a full charge, the voltage is 1.4 volts. Good non charging AA read 1.6 volts. I want a good rechargeable battery and charger that will match the factory batteries in voltage. Anyone have suggestions ?? I also want to get a 9 volt set-up also. all help will be welcomed.
Bubbaron

I used Duracell rechargeables all last summer and did not have any issues with them. I was using them in my Ace 400 the owners manual said they could be used they just had a shorter life per charge.

Attachments

• IMG_20180217_201217.jpg
    IMG_20180217_201217.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 193
Rechargable Batteries

Hello Dan B.,
I am using the exact same batteries and charger that you said you used. I guess in the warmer weather the charge stays longer. These batteries never reach a 1.6 volt charge. I have been out a lot in colder temps and the batteries drain quickly. I have been using factory non-rechargeable batteries that measure 1.6 volts right out of the package. I am trying to find rechargeable batteries that match the voltage of factory batteries so they will last longer. I was an electrician all my life so I do understand batteries and voltages.
Bubbaron

Hello Dan B.,
I am using the exact same batteries and charger that you said you used. I guess in the warmer weather the charge stays longer. These batteries never reach a 1.6 volt charge. I have been out a lot in colder temps and the batteries drain quickly. I have been using factory non-rechargeable batteries that measure 1.6 volts right out of the package. I am trying to find rechargeable batteries that match the voltage of factory batteries so they will last longer. I was an electrician all my life so I do understand batteries and voltages.
Bubbaron

The voltage has nothing to do with run times. You want higher mAh (milliamp hour) batteries.

Get the Eneloop pros. Used to be made by Sanyo, bought by Panasonic and they packed a better charger in the package. Fewer charge cycles, but pretty much the highest RELIABLE mAh batteries you'll find. Low temp performance down to -4. Don't cheap out and get the generics claiming to have the same specs. They don't.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-K-...qid=1518964374&sr=1-4&keywords=eneloop+pro+AA

The only AA rechargeable I trust to be hot and last if my Whites pack dies.
HH!

Hello,
I took your advice and ordered the batteries and charger you recommended. Thanks.
Bubbaron

Good deal:aok: They should work great for ya. If you like them and start switching other devices to these or the regular Eneloops, or other rechargeable batteries, (which tends to happen), you can get a number of low priced smart chargers that can cut down charge times, tell the condition of your cells, and even revive "dead" rechargeables. GL&HH!

I've been using the Enloops in all my battery powered toys for several years. They are really great.

Thank you

Hello,
Thank you all for your input on the batteries. Enloop was the brand I was considering. I will keep the spare set charged and I am sure I'll be fine. Thanks again to everyone for their advice. Hope you all can get out and hunt. We had 6" of new snow here in PA last night so I'm in jail for several days with the snow cover and the mud after the melt. I did get a short hunt in yesterday before the snow came. Nothing great but managed $5.77 in clads. I love my schools and kids playgrounds. Clad heavens. Good luck to all !!
Bubbaron AT Pro & Whites Treasure Pro

I bought that exact same eneloop setup mentioned above, and an additional set of Amazon brand hicap AAs last year. Both sets going strong. The only drawback is that it takes 12-14 hours to charge a set on that charger so I just charge mine overnight. Great setup.

I picked up the linked package deal (Eneloop charger & AA's) and they are working great... is anyone recharging their 9V battery for pinpointer?
My Garrett original is a few years old and i've noticed sensitivity goes down quite a bit as the battery loses power.

I picked up the linked package deal (Eneloop charger & AA's) and they are working great... is anyone recharging their 9V battery for pinpointer?
My Garrett original is a few years old and i've noticed sensitivity goes down quite a bit as the battery loses power.

I've been switching out my gear as it goes dead so I'm getting the eneloops for the PP AT and the Compadre (if it ever dies...)

To avoid the long charge times and limited battery options on one given charge cycle, if you're looking to get into rechargeable batteries, do yourself a favor and get a good "smart" charger. Something like this Opus is a good unit for a decent price. There are others so shop around, check reviews and see what's on sale at the moment.

https://www.amazon.com/Opus-BT-Inte...9366&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=opus+charger&psc=1

You'll have to look around a little for one that will do 9Vs as well, but they're around and affordable. Here's one that doesn't seem too bad, but keep in mind I haven't used it so YMMV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MGFP2...1u&pd_rd_r=2N53SQYBE7FWPTZ60C4Z&pd_rd_w=GojYg

GL & HH! :aok:

Back
Top Bottom