9 Volt battery conclusions. F2

Coin Machine

The F2 takes two 9 Volt battery's.
Yesterday while MDing, my battery indicator dropped to 2 bars, then down to one bar at times.
My battery in my Garrett Pro Pointer also died...almost exactly at the same time.
The performance of the F2 dropped significantly. The VDI #s were weird and it seemed to signal more than a few qhosts. I was getting tired, so i went home even though I had spare new batteries in my car.

Using my volt meter....
Energizer Max2 batteries.
My "New" batteries came in at 9.33 Volts
My "Old" batteries in my F2 came in at 7.61 Volts and 7.31 volts..

The battery in the GPP came in at 5.30 volts.(dead)
The battery in my Fisher pointer came in at 7.6 volts.(still working, not dead)

After replacing the old batteries in the F2 with new, everything got better, back to normal.
I can now conclude, the F2 needs Fresh batteries to function as its supposed too, whereas the Pro Pointer can function on old batteries once used to power the F2.

So.....the "dead" batteries in the F2 are more than fine to use in the Garrett Pro Pointer.

This whole thing can be solved by me getting rechargeables.....

I have run into this same problem and I tend to agree with you. I now have two battery testers. When my F2 has one cell left, I can take those 9 volt's and test em and it will still show as "OK to Use". I just throw em in a bucket and use em for other stuff. It does indeed make a difference when you have fresh batteries.

I just bought the 250 mAh rechargeables also. I can't go down to 1 or 2 bars on mine unless I turn the sensitivity way down. I don't get much time to hunt so I use fresh batteries often.

interesting.....I guess this probably accounts for less than productive hunts the last two times out.....I bought a box of 72 :laughing:, guess i should start going through them. I'll change them out and go back to the sopt and see if i find anything..

Kinda seems like a waste but I get 4 or 5 hours before I turn the sensitivity down. My kids are using the Bounty Hunter now so my used ones go in there and they last awhile. I pulled them today when it started going crazy and they both were at 7.91 volts.

Honestly I had my best day hunting clad on batteries that were reading 1/2 power. These were the batteries that it came with it. I got about 21hrs max before I changed them. I haven't hunted yet with fresh power so I cannot comment on volume or sensitivity yet, won't for a few days either.

Just out of curiosity, how long do you get on your fresh batteries on the F2 before you have to replace them???

Just out of curiosity, how long do you get on your fresh batteries on the F2 before you have to replace them???

I usually go to about 1/2 hour after it hits 2 bars, but lately I have been so engrossed in my hunts it has gotten down to one bar several times.
Still finding stuff the whole time, but at the sites I hit none of it is ever very deep.
I still get the feeling, correct or not, that I lose depth when it gets past 2 bars so if I am ever looking for deeper stuff, past 6 inches, I change them..

My F5 hit one bar yesterday and man,that thing went crazy...Thought I had a loose connection on the coil or something. Changed them out in the field and all was good.This was the first battery change since owning the F5,lasted oh...about 30 hours or so with head phones. My F2 still has the original batteries from the factory.Still at four bars. Used with and without head phones.Probably 20 hours or so on them.

Thanks for saving me some money on batteries! I'll start saving my 9V's from the F2 for pinpointers.

I have also noticed a lot more ghost signals when batteries get low on the F2.

Back
Top Bottom