I'm selling the At Pro, What to Upgrade to?

Trickworm

Elite Member
Hey Everybody,
I'm finally doing it, I'm selling the At Pro. I'm tired of feeling like I'm lacking depth in my mineralized and trashy soil. It has found me some amazing things but I want more deep coins. I mostly hunt schoolyards and public places along with permissions. Looking for a detector that can hit deep coins with good separation. Have been hearing good things about the Equinox 800 and it's within my price range. What do y'all think? I know someone has to have sold their At Pro for another machine!

My opinion, is you will always feel your missing deep targets. Ive felt that with most machines I've had until i found the CTX. And every once in a while ive still felt that way. Hitting deep targets and reasonable ID accuracy on those deep targets are two different things. I believe my Anfibio is deeper than my CTX but i believe the accuracy goes out the window quicker. Probably get a good deal on a used Etrac. Just a thought. On the FBS systems I've found 7- 8" dimes with multiple nail pieces in the same hole. All done with a fairly consistent signal.

Good notes from Big Treble...if you have mineralized ground the FBS machines are known for handling those conditions well. A used eTrac or Explorer wouldn’t break the bank and you would have a machine that could not only reach further, but provide more accurate feedback/information. If money is no object...for ID at depth even with garbage present...the CTX is where it’s at, it’s an INCREDIBLE machine, IMHO.

Well I’ve added other machines but in my opinion if you think your going to get a lot more depth on most coins you are going to be disappointed; especially if you buy a big money machine. It’s about knowing your machine ( in the case of the ATP) and soil conditions. The overwhelming majority of coins are found at 8 inches or less and especially on silver the ATP does great.

I mean a Morgan dollar at 12 inches laying flat is going to be picked up by your ATP as well as a 2 grand Minelab. I bought the Fisher F75 LTD because it is supposed to be a depth monster and I hunt mostly colonial era sites ; I wouldn’t think of not back over a good site with the ATP with my 5x8 coil. Why you ask ? Because I always find a target I missed ; and it works both ways.

You are at a point you may need to face ( all of us do a so don’t feel guilty) that you just want a new detector. It’s ok so keep the ATP and buy another . It’s at worst a great backup and you don’t get much for a used one anyway.

Last edited:
I would take a serious look at the anfibio. Thing is stupid deep, a water machine and also is one of the best relic machines. You also have to look at all the coil options. Have every coil available you could ever need for every condition. Mine seems to punch thru the high mineralization just fine at 20 kHz

Instead of a nox 800 you could buy a vanquish 540 pro pack and keep your ATP for a water machine and a loaner/backup.

If your looking for deep old coins then buy the machine that was designed for that purpose,FBS. If your after a little bit of everything the at pro or any other multi purpose machine will do. Etrac or Explorer SE pro would be my choice for deep old coins solely.

I didn't get rid of my AT Pro, but still upgraded to the Equinox 800 and have been very happy with it.

This is exactly what I did... the AT Pro is my loaner when somebody goes hunting with me. I really like the 800.

Back
Top Bottom