AT PRO or minelab 705

Wvuguy24

Ok.. never owned a detector but ive found 2 local ones for sale.. both 350.00 the ATP and the ML 705.. the ATP comes with a sniper coil? But seems like an ok deal right? Which one is better or is it basically a personal preference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Really can't go wrong with the AT Pro, I swung one for 2 years and found many great things. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to use it either.

Never had a 705 so I can't say if it is better or not but like I said, AT Pro wil work very well AND it is waterproof.

Never run the 705 either, just the fan base and following alone should ensure a better future resale value for the ATPro. Plus it's waterproof. Don't think you will be disappointed in the ATPro. I think the 705 is a fine machine, just dont hear the people raving about that detector.

The 705 out performs an AT Pro in every way except in the water. Unless you plan to actually hunt in water, or make a muddy mess wherever you dig on land hunting in the rain, I'd go for the Xterra over the AT Pro without hesitation.
The 705 provides far more information and is far more capable once you learn what it can do. It's the best kept secret in metal detecting.

Both good machines which I have used a lot..Be hard to pick between the two,and you can’t go wrong with either.Although the at pro is my personal favorite,Id suggest the 705 for a first machine,just for the smoothness and auto ground tracking alone.

Agree with longhair on this I have both and have been using them since 2010 the 705 out performs the AT PRO hands down the only thing the ATP has over the 705 is its water proof and that is it

This type of question always seems to net the same results a 50/50 mix.
Iv'e never used the AT Pro but I don't think you'll be unhappy with either of them,
Both are well liked machines among many here, I would suggest if you need the waterproof capability go with the Pro,
If not I would go with the 705, great machine at that price.

I use the AT PRO and 705. If I am hunting in a park I like the audio on the AT PRO better than the 705 for telling the can slaw and zinc pennies from good targets.

Conversely......
One of the reasons I ditched the AT-Pro was specifically because the audio was so awful. I found it obnoxiously grating, and far less informative than the 705. With a good set of headphones, the nuances of the 705 audio tones speak volumes to someone who takes the time to learn them.

Never used th ATPRO, but hunted along side of it and I'll keep my 705. And I do like the 705 tones, much nicer to read what's under the coil.

I've had an AT pro for 5 years (my son uses it now) Been everywhere with it mud water woods, rain and snow. Never had an issue. If you plan to hunt just on nice day's go with the ML if your like me and hunt no matter the outside conditions then go AT PRO.

My opinion..

Everyone has different needs and likes so the best way to choose is to try them both if possible. My buddy runs an atp and is happy. I swing a 705 and wouldn't trade him for nothing. As others have said the 705 beats it in so many ways except the waterproofing. Let us know what you get and why.

Back
Top Bottom