Does Explorer SE Pro Coil Float

TomFlKeys

I am thinking about purchasing an Explorer se pro coil and wanted to know it it floats or not, because I do not want to keep pushing it down while I swing. I am 69 and have a hard enough time already.

I have one don't doesn't seem to float but it is really hard to keep the machine from getting wet while you are distracted retrieving a target however it is awesome in the wet sand also kinda poorly balanced gets heavy pretty fast hope this helps

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

You could always hook up a harness. If ithe coil does float, much older series?, tie a little baggie of rocks to it or fill the lower shaft with something heavy (cement, rocks, etc)... then hook up the harness.

With the correct harness setup you can transfer the weight on to something.... such as you waist belt. Might get a bit of a wedgie but better than the alternative.

You could always hook up a harness. If ithe coil does float, much older series?, tie a little baggie of rocks to it or fill the lower shaft with something heavy (cement, rocks, etc)... then hook up the harness.

With the correct harness setup you can transfer the weight on to something.... such as you waist belt. Might get a bit of a wedgie but better than the alternative.
I think I saw a Youtube video on how to waterproof you explorer gravediggermax pretty shure I also sew a tread don't rember who many they will chime in I was going to but then I came across a great deal on a excaliber i like having several machines

I drowned not one but two land machines in shallow water. Raising your coil will let water run down the shaft into the electronics. Fried. Kneeling down and dunking the controls accidentally. Fried.

I would never recommend a land machine around water. I learned the hard way.

I used and explorer .... i didnt find that the coil floated. You can likely use one of the Andersons weights for the Whites DF thou if needed. In salt water....ensure you put something over that external speaker... and i wouldnt hunt in the salt water if you have waves.

What do you have on the machine now....... surely not a slim line? You wont like that thing near the salt water. If you do...... ya get the Pro Coil, SEF or even the Exp II 10" coil which was a great coil.

Dew

I think I saw a Youtube video on how to waterproof you explorer gravediggermax pretty shure I also sew a tread don't rember who many they will chime in I was going to but then I came across a great deal on a excaliber i like having several machines

Coil doesnt float to my knowledge. You can always waterproof an explorer like I did:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=187187

I have the pro coil, and use the machine (Exp SE) in the wet sand and shallow surf. I do find that combo to be too chatty for my liking. It's certainly usable, but I recently got the 13" Ultimate coil, and that coil is crazy stable in the salt wet. The weight difference between the Pro and the Ultimate is minimal, but the stability is way better with the Ultimate.

So my suggestion is to get the Ultimate over the Pro.

Back
Top Bottom