Surf and Turf and New Toys

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got a phone call Friday night just after 11pm. Emergency? No. The wind blew a side panel to a boat cover in the water at a marina. Told the guy I would be there Sunday afternoon.

I couldn't go Saturday afternoon because I was waiting for the mail for three boxes that arrived.

First box, most important. Dive yokes for filling my own tanks. Fire department didn't use them so I had to buy them off Fee-Bay. Got them installed last night.

Second box. New gauges for my fill station. Others were trashed. So I put 4 new ones in across the top and installed it.

Then I installed the hoses and the filler yokes on the fill station. Almost complete. The 6 storage tanks are getting hydro'ed and will be back next week.

( I know I haven't painted around the window yet. )

So today I went to the marina to find the boat part. Again it took me way longer to suit up than to find the part. I am guessing 2 minutes as the water was only 7' deep. Got a hundred for my efforts. In swimming to a ladder a guy on another boat told me of things he lost off his dock. A Makita drill, a scuba weight belt, cell phone and some water inlet covers. Got the drill and weight belt and a few pair of sunglasses and a dock brush and gave them to him. I was in the water probably a half hour and didn't get too cold. I really am thinking of diving this next week.

The last box I was waiting for yesterday was for these magnets. Since I am around marina's all the time I thought I would see what happens with them. They kind of match my business cards.

After that tried a parking strip in front of an abandoned house. Got a 10K gold filled ring and a 1957 wheat. Nothing else exciting.

Everything seems to be coming along nicely. Compressor works and is all serviced. I just hope to be diving soon. Just waiting for my air sample to come back as good to go and my storage bank although I can fill tanks without a storage bank.

WOW! You sure must like to dive! Here all along I thought you were just a clad snatching parkie! :laughing:

Lookin' good there ScubaDee!

For sure your doing all the best way, lots of prep but it will pay off quick!

Good Luck!

Well today was a good day. I hope a few more weekends are like this.

Two dives, less than 5 minutes in the water to find the stuff and 160.00 cash in my pocket.

I need to recoup some money I spent on that compressor that is for sure. Maybe I need to make up signs "Will work for food"?

I am going diving this week for gold I think. I just need a day or two above 70°. This is the latest in the year I have ever dove. Always have been in the water the end of April or the first week of May.

Back
Top Bottom