Golf courses

aviationgale

Elite Member
I was wondering if anybody has ever MD'ed a golf course. I seem to remember someone posting something on it. Now I know probably 99% are going to tell you to take a hike. It just occurred to me when I was home last I went by an old golf course that was there when I was a kid, and it was over grown with weeds. Going to do some investing to see who owns it. Now don't you think there might be some goodies lurking somewhere on that old course? Your thoughts?

There's probably stuff there, it's a pretty spread out area though. Also keep in mind, many golf courses are old dump grounds for trash. I don't know how deep they bury it before building, mainly municipal GC's I imagine. On an active private GC, you'll probably get prosecuted for trespassing especially if caught digging. I'd start around the old clubhouse first.

I hunted one under construction in Kennesaw. I wouldn't imagine it would be of any use to hunt one considering how much dirt they move around to construct a course. And then, if the greens superintendent catches you he may shoot first.

A little birdie told me that a great time to metal detect on golf courses is on rainy evenings about an hour before dark.

There is a golf course by me that has been in operation since the 20's and it shares a border with a public park woods that is fair game for detecting.

I have found some nice old coins that I suspect may have fallen out of golfers
pockets when they stepped in to water some weeds.

Hey, you could always go for a round of golf during a time when the golf course is the least busy and simply include your detector in your golf bag with the clubs, you could play golf and detect at the same time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

(just kidding, wouldn't want you to get in trouble)

There is a huge old one abandoned by me. Well not abandoned but now overgrown and gone to !!!!. The grounds themselves have a lot of history as well. Even a turn of the century home sitting and rotting on it still. Let's get a group together and see if we can get permission!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if anybody has ever MD'ed a golf course. I seem to remember someone posting something on it. Now I know probably 99% are going to tell you to take a hike. It just occurred to me when I was home last I went by an old golf course that was there when I was a kid, and it was over grown with weeds. Going to do some investing to see who owns it. Now don't you think there might be some goodies lurking somewhere on that old course? Your thoughts?

Hey if you find a Titleist in the woods, it's probably mine :lol:

I've only searched one course out here. A public course owned by the city and has been shut down for a couple years. The city is contemplating turning it into a park, but as with all government decisions, it won't happen soon. All I found was four or five bucks in clad. The course was probably built in the early 70s. Just clad but fun swinging!

I guess some of you did not quite get what I was saying....very slowly.....it has waist high weeds......hasn't been used in years......run down appearance

Back
Top Bottom