First arrowhead find

jkjeep

Found my first arrowhead, found in eastern North Carolina. I haven't researched it yet, but if anyone knows more about it please share thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 721
Is that scaring or indention or "V" on it from the sinew used?

Crazy legit score!

Looking at it more it looks like intentional art? Could it be? I've never seen a "decorated" arrow head before...

Really nice point!!

Before I got into detecting I walked hundreds of miles looking down for points... Never found one till I started detecting..

So far, I've found a nice piece of one on land, and two more in my scoop while water hunting...

Congrats on yours!

<°)))>{

thanks swing360, yes the v notches looks to be manmade to me, I want to research the type of stone also. its kinda like black/purple color stone

That's awesome! .... I hunt a lot of fields but have never come across one while detecting. Congrats!

That is a morrow mountain! I own a fb group dedicated to va/nc/Sc points and artifacts

I've watched a couple National Geographic shows on Clovis points, but know next to nothing about different types of arrowheads. What is a Morrow Mountain point?

That is a morrow mountain! I own a fb group dedicated to va/nc/Sc points and artifacts

I've watched a couple National Geographic shows on Clovis points, but know next to nothing about different types of arrowheads. What is a Morrow Mountain point?

It's a type used by a certain group of Indians. Thru the years different types of natives had their own unique point types

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so what machine and what setting did you use to find that there artifact!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom