goldfield, nv...

zander10

Elite Member
i have discussed it with some of you here on the forum. but this weekend i will attend the goldfield days festival in goldfield, nv. goldfield is a living ghost town. with several hundred people who still live there but at its peak it was home to tens of thousands of people. and the largest city in nevada. goldfield is the queen of ghost towns.

anyway the hotel there is famous for being haunted. i posted a link to a youtube search result for "goldfield hotel ghost adventures". there is some interesting video of fortean phenominon that has been documented on video over the years.

i don't think i will be able to actually enter the hotel because it is boarded up with no trespassing signs but the festival will center around the area of the hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ventures&search_type=&aq=0&oq=goldfield+hotel

let me know what you think of the place.

the one video of the flying brick is pretty cool!

it is definately sectshun8!

my trip up to goldfield for the festval is to take a historic bus tour of the town that will hopefuly give me the 411 on where to go hunt with my md.

hh all!

Bring your camera & take lots of pictures. I actually took a Chicagoland ghost tour about 30 years ago. Got a weird picture of steaks of light coming out of a monument at me. Considering it was in the shade and I hadn't noticed anything happening when I took the picture, I was very surprised when I saw the slide.

Hope you have a good time.

I had difficulty making out the brick. Footage just seemed too dark for me. Interesting, though. Why is it closed? Are they working on the structure? Will be a lot of fun to detect around there. How far from Reno is it? I've a friend in Reno.

Sounds like fun.. if you have a nugget shooter, try to detect tailings around played out mines - stay away from active claims (they shoot first out there), but the old ones have tailing piles and frequently small nuggets can be found. RickO

Back
Top Bottom