I'M hooked on MD'ing

bowman64

Forum Supporter
Have not been able to get out for the last few days due to work (always gets in the way). My last time out pulled a 1906 Indian head and 2 mercury dimes among some clad at an old homestead on my hunting property. Your tips and ideas are very helpful and all make sense. The site continues to reveal coins when I think nothing is left. Some of the above were almost in the holes already dug.

Anyways, decided to go to my local bank and pick up a few rolls of kennedy halfves to look through. Heard about that on some posts. Amazing, I found 4 silver 1964 kennedys in 5 rolls.

I would still rather have been able to dig them up but not bad. Thanks for all your insight

That's pretty cool. There was a girl on this forum who does that. (She had the longest 'welcome' post ever.) She kind of drifted away. (Could be she got creeped-out here - don't know.)

So you keep the old ones. What do you do with the not-so-old ones? Roll em up and bring them back to the bank?

So you keep the old ones. What do you do with the not-so-old ones? Roll em up and bring them back to the bank?

Might be fun to spend them. I always like using dollar coins because people always do a double take. Plus I figure the more that get out there the more will wind up lost in the grass somewhere for me to find!

Bowman, do you have any pics of the Indian and Mercs?

I get the rolls of halves also like Bowman - I take them back to a different bank, and also spend some. You get a double take from some younger people who haven't seen half dollars. I mostly find the 40% silver ones from 65-69.

yo Bowman 64

From the land of the Bluenose.....hi. My name is Leslie and I'm a digaholic with no 12 step program just more batteries and more holes...good post sir!

sorry I did not post pictures, was in a hurry. I need to figure out this camera. I can't seem to get close up pictures. Anyhow her you go with the pictures.

Also, I just put the extra halves that arent silver in my safe and saving up for a vacation. Just started getting into it. The bank said no problem buying and bringing them back. I gave them a couple coupons from were I work and they said they will save me any silver they get. Nice friendly bank.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 235
Back
Top Bottom