New member in Oklahoma...

afpilot64

My DFX finally showed up today from Kellyco and I'm excited. I'm hoping this weekend is nice to go officially try it out. I took it out after class last night doing a night hunt, found a severely rusted piece of chain (wagon?), clad peny, (1962), and some type of pistol shell casing, can't quite identify it. There's been alot of sidewalk replacing here in my town, so the gettin is good, the problem is getting the free time. :(

Welcome to the forum. I believe that a 1962 penny is copper, not clad. They started making the copper plated zinc pennies in 1982...Bob

afpilot64

welcome to the forum.I am new myself but have been a detectorist for some 30 years now.Never know what you will find,but sidewalks are always promising.I just ordered a whites prizm 4 from clevenger (KCMO)should be here tomorrow.Had been using a borrowed bounty hunter since my spectrum was stolen,so AM VERY excited.Also just moved into missouri.Tomorrow,new day(god willing)new town new detector New forum(to me).LIFE IS GOOD
Hppy hunting,MONT

Welcome, Afpilot64.
You're gonna love that DFX. Hope you have a tough digger, a deep pouch, patience, and a positive attitude! :lol:
Sidewalk rip-ups are rare, and you don't want to miss it if you can help it. Talk to town officials to find out when an' where.
Good luck... and post pics if you can...!

Back
Top Bottom