• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What does everyone do for a living?

Heating and Air technician. Also do maint. for the county I live in (my full time day job). I then work in the afternoons doing just HVAC.

user18 said:
Rudy said:
user18 said:
I can't remember if I ever responded to this post. I am a doctor and pharmacist and also have a master's degree in pharmacoepidemiology. I mostly do medication-related epidemiologic research, and some clinical practice.

Wow Epi, that is impressive!

I guess then that you keep up your tetanus booster shot regimen.

I have always meant to ask you what "Epi" stands for? The only word that comes to
my mind for it is "epitaxial" which is along a totally different line of work, so I don't think that
is it.

Thanks Rudy... I came up with Epi to stand for Epidemiologist.

Of course!

Sounds fascinating, just like in the movies ... although I'm sure it is not that easy.

I'm an Automation Technician for Linear Controls, contracted to Apache Oil. I work offshore Louisiana, 7 days on, 7 off, and love my job. A definite perk is the fishing, and though I have a home platform, I get to fly to other platforms as needed. The money is good, the food is amazing, (S. Louisiana, remember?) and the scenery is constantly changing. Gotta get a waterproof camera....
Home is a farm an hour's drive north of Lake Charles, La. Bought my first detector a month ago, and so far have found that old houses equal scrap iron, and beaches equal aluminum cans....but the research is opening some amazing sites! I'll post it when it happens....HH
Ben

Attachments

• PHOTO Holding my hat, storm front.JPG
    PHOTO Holding my hat, storm front.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,358
  • PHOTO great day at H platform 6-6-06.JPG
    PHOTO great day at H platform 6-6-06.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,351
I'm in my Senior year at the University of Akron in Education. I will be a Middle School Science/Social Studies Teacher. I deliver pizzas for Dominos while I'm still in school. One more semester and I student teach... I can finally see the finish line. Prior to going back to college I was a welder for a Semi Trailer manufacturer, I've been a meat cutter, meter reader, sewer inspector, brickyard worker,County regional planner,county billing....oh god this is depressing and to think I turn 33 today(8th). But the best thing I get to do is be Daddy to my little girls age 2 and 4.

im a music producer in the NYC area, been doing it for about 11 years now. long hours, lots of politics to deal with on the business end but is a much better profession than my last job which was a line cook.

I am a Training Instructor for the Physically and mentally challenged for 8 yrs. now. The Dept. of Mental Retardation certified me to pass medications, :wow: It is a very mental and physical job but the rewards are great!! I have certain programs that help my clients to regain ambulation, talking, sign language, and so forth.
I am currently out of work, Workers Comp., due to having a torn rotator cuff, surgery, and now lots of physical therapy.
MDing has helped with my progress quite a bit. My shoulder seemed to freeze up after swing the detector after 15 mins., now I can swing it for about 1 hr. before I switch arms. It has been helpful, love this thread.

HaveFaith

I am a Computer Network Administrator. I have been keeping my companies computer and telephone systems running for the past 9 years, This July will mark my 10th year running cat5 cable, configuring Unix/Linux systems and fixing printers and of course many many Windows crashes. Oh the joys of Microsoft Windows, at least it keeps me employed. :lol: I picked up TH/MD'ing to fill in my boring weekends, and the need to get away from computers and get outdoors more.

Torakage said:
I am a Computer Network Administrator. I have been keeping my companies computer and telephone systems running for the past 9 years, This July will mark my 10th year running cat5 cable, configuring Unix/Linux systems and fixing printers and of course many many Windows crashes. Oh the joys of Microsoft Windows, at least it keeps me employed. :lol: I picked up TH/MD'ing to fill in my boring weekends, and the need to get away from computers and get outdoors more.
How come you are not running cat 6 plenum? Isn't that code now?

spittfire said:
How come you are not running cat 6 plenum? Isn't that code now?
Good old fashion cost reasons. :lol: The company' controller is a penny pincher to say the least, plus we still have a 1000' box left (maybe two, I should go look in storage :lol: ) once that is gone we will probably order cat6.

Jeff R said:
I?m in international relations and have been at it for 24 years.

Are you the Capt. or the Sargent Major?

I'm a broken jack of all trades/master of none :roll:
I was going to be a travel photographer/photojournalist until my accident.
I'm no longer able to do all the hauling of equipment and long flights/drives.

So I'm back in school to become a jeweler and gemologist.
I hope to open my own studio/gallery for doing custom jewelry & my more artistic photography.
My wife, Leanne, is a living saint and my 12 yr. old son is going to be a comedian or a scientist :?: :lol:

mxtswinger said:
Did two hitches as a weapons loader in the A.F., got an A.A.S. in Fine Woodworking, worked as a furnituremaker, antique restoration, and boat carpenter till two yrs ago when my back gave out on me. Piddling now but hoping to get a shop built soon to piddle in.

Some pics of a couple pieces of furniture, and a boat interior

WOW that's some great work, beautiful! :spin: :tumble:
I feel for you and the back problems, broke my L5 in 2 places and smashed the disc between L4&L5
7 hours of surgery, 8 pieces of Titanium, and bone grafts to fuse it all together.
7 years later, I still feel like crap, but like I said before,
my wife is a saint & she's beautiful, my son's a great kid, and
I'm not paralyzed (I'd like to be pain free like that, but I prefer to be able to get up and walk) :roll:

Things are getting better for me slowly but surely and I hope they will for you to.

I work in Quality Assurance, Change Controls for an animal pharmaceutical manufacturing company.

Well right now I'm a unemployed (looking for work..lol) Painter, Wallpaper hanger, and just about all around handy man.
Ace 250

AC Beth

:D Might was well add myself to the list! I'm in R&D for a slot machine manufacturer/distributer in New Jersey. I'm also an animal rescurer, specializing in feral cats. I'm also an advocate for Russian Adoption.
And now I'm a newbie mt'er. Oh yeah, happily married for 10 years with a 4 year old son (from Russia, of course). :yes:

Back
Top Bottom