Post your pets

Usa

Elite Member
Pictures of your dogs, cats, hamsters, three-toed sloths, or any other of your pets are welcomed here. So give us all a pic of your furry, or not-so-furry, friend . Here’s mine. She’s a Border Collie named Patriot. She is a wild and mischievous little rascal, but a great dog. Even if she does eat a chicken or two when I am not looking. 😂

Attachments

• D0E182C4-2DE6-4E31-AFB8-317B91076C28.jpg
    D0E182C4-2DE6-4E31-AFB8-317B91076C28.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 381
  • 4487E034-0383-4ACD-B467-C80F6521CAB6.jpg
    4487E034-0383-4ACD-B467-C80F6521CAB6.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 361
  • CA4E14F1-B6F4-45D2-893A-059866CFF58B.jpg
    CA4E14F1-B6F4-45D2-893A-059866CFF58B.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 355
Your Patriot is really cute Usa !!!!

My wife and I got hooked on the Border Collie breed after our first one (we named "Angel") we adopted her from a family that didn't have time to give her attention. She had about 15 very healthy years before she suddenly fell ill, I cried like a baby when she passed.

We had to get another Border Collie mix, the one we have now, she is about 5 years old now and we adopted her from an SPCA when she was about 9 weeks old.

Both dogs are Border Collie mixed with another breed, but the Border Collie look shows thru.

First here are pictures of our previous dog Angel, these pics could be between about 10-15 years old.
Angel_pics.jpg

Here are pics of our current dog Xena at different ages to more recent.
Xena_pics.jpgXena_Dec_2018_TR2.jpg

m0223.gif

You have not lived until a dog steals your heart.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Murphy is the latest addition to our menagerie. He's a Corgi/Australian Shepard cross that is a year old. One ear up, one ear down, one blue eye, one brown eye. He has killed a couple chickens, I think more from rough play than meanness. I've got a bald headed chicken that he damn near killed. It's been a while since we have had a chicken incident. I think beating him with a dead chicken did the trick. He's starting to figure out his job is to protect them. Easiest puppy to housebreak, if he needs out in the night he will wake me up. I just wish he would do it some way other than licking my lips.
20181020_130541.jpg

1307.jpg

image_1517090808944.jpg

Resized_20171029_123459_6522[1].jpg

Attachments

• image_1517090808944[1].jpg
    image_1517090808944[1].jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 359
This is Sarge my 10 year old 120 lb um.... mixed

Sarge-pose.jpg

My 13 year old Yellow Tabby named AC as in short for Asheron's Call the game.

ac1-1.jpg

Just had to put down Relic. A 10 year old Welsh Corgi named Relic. Named after my relic hunting. R.I.P. girl

rel5.jpg

I've had a lot of pets...When I was maybe 4, I asked my Old Man if I could have a pet, so we walked out into the yard and he gave me a pinecone! He said, "Lets see how you do with old Piney here, be responsible, and maybe in a few years you can move up to get a nice stick!"

Back in the early 60's I had a really cool pet Eastern Box Turtle named Shelly..I was maybe 5yrs old, she was probably 80...I was well beyond pinecones and sticks at that time...Like Steve Irwin of sorts....Me and Shelly went everywhere together! I would catch her crickets, and put them on the floor and Shelly would hunt them down! It sometimes took hours until she would finally corner them and catch them! This was great entertainment for the whole family!!! We didnt have computers or TVs back then! Good Old Shelly! "Roll over! Play Dead! Jump through this hoop!" Oh yeah! Shelly was one smart turtle!

Then, one day in '66 she crawled up out of the sandbox and got away..down in Neosho Missouri...I was so distraught! Cried myself to sleep! The folks were so worried...they even put an ad in the local paper! "Lost, One Boxturtle, answers to Shelly!" So..keep an eye out for her if you are in the area...Shes gotta be 140yrs old by now....

I had a pet spider too! Great big thing that built a web every night on our porch! Good Lord! Oscar was something! Toss a cricket in his web and just watch the horror!

I had a pet toad named 'Chub Wartbottom'...He was a Bufo Americanus...Big old bastard!...He lived down in the basement window well....He also liked crickets I remember...

Even had a ringnecked pigeon once! It had a broken wing, and I caught her in the street and put her out in my workshop..made a nice little apartment, kept her fed, I would go out there at night and work on a boat, and Pidge would hop up to see what I was doing...we were great pals! I was in my mid 30's....Then the damned Neighbors dog Bandit killed her one day...

I've had snakes, fish, frogs, salamanders, Wolves, all sorts of pets, or they me.....

I built a seement pond in the backyard when I was twelve and had 4 nice bullheads in it..they would eat worms right out of my hand! Crickets too!

I maybe would like to have a few pet crickets around here now that I am older?...In a nice little terrarium? Feed them potato peelings and make them a nice condo with a stack of toilet paper tubes? For WTH I dont know, they do sound nice...and crickets will alert a guy if something is amiss, like a Bigfoot sneaking up or the house is on fire or something...and looking back it seems they have always come in handy for many purposes...Or a Burmese Python? Something easy that doesnt require so much attention like my damned dog!

Seems if a guy is outside enough, some sort of animal or bug will eventually show up....I think maybe Crickets! Yeah! A python would let the house burn down with no warning ...my Dog would tip over the garbage can and pee on my shoes....so yeah!...Heading out now to find myself a nice talkative and homeless and appreciative cricket! I can probably whip up a little bow tie and a top hat for him even!

Then again, in my advanced age, maybe all I can handle for a pet is a pinecone? Maybe a stick? Easy to travel with and no crickets to catch or poop to pick up?...Easy to make bowties and tophats for either of them too! :laughing:.

Attachments

• pimay.jpg
    pimay.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 309
  • coons.jpg
    coons.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 366
  • may 2 turtle.jpg
    may 2 turtle.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 316
  • turtle-3.jpg
    turtle-3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 324
  • snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
I've had a lot of pets...When I was maybe 4, I asked my Old Man if I could have a pet, so we walked out into the yard and he gave me a pinecone! He said, "Lets see how you do with old Piney here, be responsible, and maybe in a few years you can move up to get a nice stick!"

Back in the early 60's I had a really cool pet Eastern Box Turtle named Shelly..I was maybe 5yrs old, she was probably 80...I was well beyond pinecones and sticks at that time...Like Steve Irwin of sorts....Me and Shelly went everywhere together! I would catch her crickets, and put them on the floor and Shelly would hunt them down! It sometimes took hours until she would finally corner them and catch them! This was great entertainment for the whole family!!! We didnt have computers or TVs back then! Good Old Shelly! "Roll over! Play Dead! Jump through this hoop!" Oh yeah! Shelly was one smart turtle!

Then, one day in '66 she crawled up out of the sandbox and got away..down in Neosho Missouri...I was so distraught! Cried myself to sleep! The folks were so worried...they even put an ad in the local paper! "Lost, One Boxturtle, answers to Shelly!" So..keep an eye out for her if you are in the area...Shes gotta be 140yrs old by now....

I had a pet spider too! Great big thing that built a web every night on our porch! Good Lord! Oscar was something! Toss a cricket in his web and just watch the horror!

I had a pet toad named 'Chub Wartbottom'...He was a Bufo Americanus...Big old bastard!...He lived down in the basement window well....He also liked crickets I remember...

Even had a ringnecked pigeon once! It had a broken wing, and I caught her in the street and put her out in my workshop..made a nice little apartment, kept her fed, I would go out there at night and work on a boat, and Pidge would hop up to see what I was doing...we were great pals! I was in my mid 30's....Then the damned Neighbors dog Bandit killed her one day...

I've had snakes, fish, frogs, salamanders, Wolves, all sorts of pets, or they me.....

I built a seement pond in the backyard when I was twelve and had 4 nice bullheads in it..they would eat worms right out of my hand! Crickets too!

I maybe would like to have a few pet crickets around here now that I am older?...In a nice little terrarium? Feed them potato peelings and make them a nice condo with a stack of toilet paper tubes? For WTH I dont know, they do sound nice...and crickets will alert a guy if something is amiss, like a Bigfoot sneaking up or the house is on fire or something...and looking back it seems they have always come in handy for many purposes...Or a Burmese Python? Something easy that doesnt require so much attention like my damned dog!

Seems if a guy is outside enough, some sort of animal or bug will eventually show up....I think maybe Crickets! Yeah! A python would let the house burn down with no warning ...my Dog would tip over the garbage can and pee on my shoes....so yeah!...Heading out now to find myself a nice talkative and homeless and appreciative cricket! I can probably whip up a little bow tie and a top hat for him even!

Then again, in my advanced age, maybe all I can handle for a pet is a pinecone? Maybe a stick? Easy to travel with and no crickets to catch or poop to pick up?...Easy to make bowties and tophats for either of them too! :laughing:.

Mudd it never fails!!!! My wife is looking at me like I'm stupid......I'm laughing and tears are rolling!!! :laughing:

The first pic is our German Shepherd named Peanut. Second is of our French African Pearl Helmeted Guinea Fowl. Third pic is of Fuzzy, our Chinese Dwarf Hamster who died a couple years ago.

Attachments

• Me & Peanut.jpg
    Me & Peanut.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Guineas.jpg
    Guineas.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 344
  • Fuzzy.jpg
    Fuzzy.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 304
The first pic is our German Shepherd named Peanut. Second is of our French African Pearl Helmeted Guinea Fowl. Third pic is of Fuzzy, our Chinese Dwarf Hamster who died a couple years ago.

Guinea fowl are sure nice, quiet birds, aren't they? :)

-- Tom

Partial to Spaniels

My late Brittany Spaniel named Booth, and late Cocker Spanier Daisy.

My current black and white English Springer Spaniel named Chase 19 months old.

Attachments

• chasemonkeygrass.jpg
    chasemonkeygrass.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 4x6boothdaisy2.jpg
    4x6boothdaisy2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 248
Merry Christmas!

Yea they weren't happy...

Attachments

• 25542718_10208544899858252_46010762412707061_o.jpg
    25542718_10208544899858252_46010762412707061_o.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 25626383_10208544900138259_5653214666040502017_o.jpg
    25626383_10208544900138259_5653214666040502017_o.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 25586903_10208544900018256_2234571079265278452_o.jpg
    25586903_10208544900018256_2234571079265278452_o.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 261
Unfortunately, I can’t show most of my pets because we’ve eaten them and their offspring.
Backyard chickens.

not my pet but great dog photo

such a sweet photo of mama keeping a close eye out on her pup.

Attachments

• mamaspringerandpup.jpg
    mamaspringerandpup.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 219
Back
Top Bottom