A couple of hunts

longbow62

Forum Supporter
My first significant finds of the year were this week. I have only hunted a few times in 2018 finding either all junk and not much clad. I do hunt a spot in the woods at the end of my street which is what I consider a very old site for my area. It produced a Seated dime, a 2 Cent piece, and a small flat button last spring. I have hammered it a lot since I found the spot and have a hard time ever getting non-ferrous hits. Two first for me on my hunt there this week were a iron stirrup and a brass shotgun shell. I could find no markings on either. The stirrup was only a few yards from where I found the 2 cent and the brass shotgun shell was about 20 yards off what I consider the site where I quit getting iron signals.

The next hunt which was yesterday was one of my best coin days ever for number of coins found 19 total. It was only a couple of hours at an empty lot where an old house once stood. Penny signals were so numerous I quit digging them. I dug very little junk which was great. It was also my first silvers with the Nokta Impact, and for the year two Mercury dimes 1940 and 1945. I got the Impact mid June last year and don't have a lot of good places to hunt. I have not hunted a lot with it, but have struggled to find silver. The wheats were all pretty toasted but one of the greener ones is either a 1919 or 1929 I think. The other two were 1942 and 55. I was thinking the house that was there was from the 1920's but now not really sure. May hit it again this week. Hopefully there will be more silver.

Attachments

• finds2.jpg
    finds2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 306
  • finds1.jpg
    finds1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 264
Sounds like a promising site! Get close to bushes and downed limbs, ill bet there's more. Keep up the good work! Happy hunting!

Thanks for the encouragement. I have got to start finding some better spots to hunt. I have never curb strip hunted, but think I am going to try it some in the older parts of town.

nothing wrong with those finds congrats! Im still really new and i havent found anything good yet!

Back
Top Bottom