Which would you buy and why? Thanks in advance.

WarShrik3

I was going to pull the trigger on either an AT MAX, Whites MX Sport or possibly a Makro. However, I am somewhat intrigued with the Tesoro De Leon. I know there are a lot of this Vs that out there, but your opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Considerations

I live and hunt in Indiana
Mostly coin hunt and love the silver

I'm now swinging a Minelab CTX 3030 and to me it's super easy to swing and it has a reputation for being heavy. I owned a AT Pro and with the stock search coil it was very uncomfortable for me to swing for any length of time. I've never been so happy to get of a detector before.

What type of detecting are you interested in? Do you need a water detector?

beephead

Ok I'm gonna bite. From the list you put up my answer is none... Why not a equinox 600 or 800. For coin hunting it will outclass those mentioned.

I’d choose Makro Multi Kruzer based on build quality and the recently released videos that show the equinox 600 being disassembled.

Also on the iffy customer service Minelab provides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of the ones you mentioned I would say the Makro Multi Kruzer. Handles pretty much all ground conditions and is deep and waterproof.

My hunting style is mostly fields, old schools, old parks and homesteads. I'm surprised no one gave an opinion on the Tesoro. I don't want to spend the money on the CTX3030. I would like to stay under $1000.00. Doubt I will do any water hunting.

For your price range or a little more I'd strongly consider an Equinox 800. I have an 800 and it's like having a several detectors all in one.

If you are not going to water hunt at all, I would say try the Whites MX7 which is basically a non waterproof MX Sport and it will save you some money. I have no experience with the Makro Kruzer but have been told that the ID numbers are really jumpy, I got that information from a dealer when I was looking for a new machine and he sold them so I didn't get it. If you are mostly hunt coins, I would go for the best ID you can get and I can tell you from personal experience that Whites machines are very good.

Neither of them.

I was looking at used machines and was shocked to see a few of my detectors for less than what I paid for a coil.

Also consider your hunt, time you will spend hunting, and soil conditions. Seems the more I get, the more I want. Im fairly happy with my choices. I have three detectors. The reason is there is three people in my house who hunt. I also have each machine set up for several hunts. I use all three detectors.

The three detectors I have are not same brand. I dont know how people buy whats already in their closet. Why buy the same freq detector you already have? Why buy a waterproof detector if you dont hunt water?

I would say get the Tesoro as it wont hurt your pocket book as bad. Depth and target id is not always correct. I cant comment on the whites or Garret detectors as one works here where I live and one does not. Ok one works a lot better anyway.

I only buy detectors I have seen hunt. If you have a local dealer try that. If you have a local hunt club, its a great way to make friends, and meet some grumpy old men too lol.

Good Luck.

If you are not going to water hunt at all, I would say try the Whites MX7 which is basically a non waterproof MX Sport and it will save you some money. I have no experience with the Makro Kruzer but have been told that the ID numbers are really jumpy, I got that information from a dealer when I was looking for a new machine and he sold them so I didn't get it. If you are mostly hunt coins, I would go for the best ID you can get and I can tell you from personal experience that Whites machines are very good.

I have a Multi Kruzer. The id isn't jumpy at all. It also has very smooth tones and can unmask a lot better than I was expecting. I bought it just to compare to the Nox, though I haven't yet received my Nox. That said, the M Kruzer is very, very good.

Calabash and Nc toad hit it , re think your options and take a good strong look at the NOX units.

Whites MX sport is a good option and it has coils available at good prices..
The Tesoros are good picks, never tried the DeLeon..several models of them with coils available are good picks...
You can buy used and save some cash...good luck to you...:yes:..
Beware of the Hype.....:shock:

I’d choose Makro Multi Kruzer based on build quality and the recently released videos that show the equinox 600 being disassembled.

Also on the iffy customer service Minelab provides.

Pls explain the "iffy customer service". Since the move away from Kellyco, their customer service has been said to be first class. My dealings recently presented no issues at all.

Pls explain the "iffy customer service". Since the move away from Kellyco, their customer service has been said to be first class. My dealings recently presented no issues at all.

On Tom’s forum a guy had a 3 day old 600 that needed repaired as it had taken on water.

Minelab indeed replaced it but they made him pay for shipping to repair a 3 day old unit.

On Tom’s forum a guy had a 3 day old 600 that needed repaired as it had taken on water.

Minelab indeed replaced it but they made him pay for shipping to repair a 3 day old unit.

That certainly isn't the customer service one typically receives from a company like Makro, for sure. For the Nox vs. the Kruzer line being direct competitors, I'd tilt the pendulum to Makro for the customer service.

I think you cannot go wrong with either the Equinox or the Makro MultiKruzer. The Kruzer is a sleeper but I think you will be hearing amazing things about this machine once enough units get out in the field and results come in.

Back
Top Bottom