2017 was a good year

normx2

Elite Member
20+ years of hunting produced my first gold coin (Quarter Eagle) and some other firsts for 2017:D

1. Quarter Eagle
2. Alabama Cadet Corp Buttons
3. 1868 Seymour/Blair Presidential Campaign
4. English Copper (can't tell year)
5. 2 cent piece (in horrible shape but the only one I have)

Last edited:
20+ years of hunting produced my first gold coin (Quarter Eagle) and some other firsts for 2017:D

1. Quarter Eagle

Congrats Norm! How did you react when you saw that gold coin? I thought mine was a pull tab at first. Then I jumped and yelled ect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I acted pretty much the same way, I was using my Lobo Super Traq and though the signal was solid I didn't think it was any different from any other good signal.

I first saw the reed edges but it still had not registered that it was actually gold until I turned it over. There was a a perfect impression in the clump. I hunt by myself most of the time so I just yelled at the cows nearby and immediately took photos to text to everyone I knew.

It made the million pull tabs and bottle caps and other junk all worth while.

Definitely Eye Popping and Mind Blowing, most detectorists will never find a gold coin in their life. A great year indeed! :woot:

I acted pretty much the same way, I was using my Lobo Super Traq and though the signal was solid I didn't think it was any different from any other good signal.

I first saw the reed edges but it still had not registered that it was actually gold until I turned it over. There was a a perfect impression in the clump. I hunt by myself most of the time so I just yelled at the cows nearby and immediately took photos to text to everyone I knew.

Hah! I flipped a gold pull tab out of the ground about 2 weeks later and about fell over until I realized it wasn’t a gold coin. Worst part? Remote site where a pull tab shouldn’t have been!
Congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG Norm ... congrats on your year .... you could have stopped after that gold quarter eagle ... congratulations !
, Dew

Gold coin !!!!

1. Quarter Eagle

Congrats on a super find and a great season of hunting.

You are an incredibly incredibly lucky detectorist. 99.999 percent of people in this hobby wouldn't even dream of digging up a gold coin.........
What are some of you other career highlight digs??

May your luck continue in the new year and years to come.......

Congratulations on a season like no other!!

So few of us did that well in 2017.

Let's hope that the dirt is good to all of us in 2018.

So my question is this. I'm still learning the various sounds associated with different objects with the AT Pro. Does such a coin ring up in the coin range or if I were listening for coin sounds would I not even notice it?:?: I live in a very much farm scrap metal filled ground area, and don't even consider digging all of my signals.... but am searching mostly by tone. Should I be doing things differently?
And BTW... congrats on a super year!

Back
Top Bottom