Equinox in trashy , target dense ground...

I have never used the pinpoint buttons on any of my machines find them useless. I just do the Wiggle method find the target at the end of the coil.I have no problem finding the target even in heavy trash.:yes:

I've found when I am using the Equinox 600 in trashy areas, the wiggle method doesn't work if there is trash in your 'wiggle path'. If you wiggle back away from the good target, you often will wiggle right over a trash target that keeps you from hearing when the tip of your coil gets off the good target. From my limited use so far, I think the Deus is easier to 'wiggle-pinpoint' than the EQ, but that may be because I've only used the EQ in either very trashy areas or very rough terrain. I've never used the pinpoint feature with the Deus - just the wiggle.

I've found when I am using the Equinox 600 in trashy areas, the wiggle method doesn't work if there is trash in your 'wiggle path'. If you wiggle back away from the good target, you often will wiggle right over a trash target that keeps you from hearing when the tip of your coil gets off the good target. From my limited use so far, I think the Deus is easier to 'wiggle-pinpoint' than the EQ, but that may be because I've only used the EQ in either very trashy areas or very rough terrain. I've never used the pinpoint feature with the Deus - just the wiggle.

I was at an old drive-in (Picture of it in the family form) Friday with the 600 no problem amongst all the pulltabs in the back two rows. Not sure how to explain the way i do it. When I locate a high tone i tilt the coil up and just use front tip of the coil. Do a real fast wiggle in a tight pattern the high tone is loud and clear. Not sure if that makes sense to you or not I have had a lot of years practice. First machine I ever owned didn't have the pinpoint feature on it so I've always done it that way.:lol:

True , but with a little manipulation of coil placement or stepping around the targets and approaching from a different angle it is often possible to isolate the good target and wiggle the coil back on it unobstructed. But as you are feeling your way around the targets , develop a mental picture of the targets and their relation to each other. I find that iy gives me a fairly accurate mental picture of where each piece is and even something about their size and shape. On particularly difficult situations this can be used to get a pretty good "aproximation" of where that good target is , usually its not far off if at all.

I very seldom use pinpoint or turn 90 degrees to the target.

Not being an expert I do use the pinpoint and 90 degree turn in situations when digging the smallest hole is required. Peoples yards and more visible/sensitive areas of parks cause me to use it unless the target is so defined and isolated that the wiggle back leaves no doubt.

Sizing the target with the PP is often the confirmation I use to make a dig decision; especially where extra holes are not desirable.

Just curious, What tones option are you running in trash infested sites? I really like to stay in 50 as much as possible. Dont know why but I just feel like it connects with me the best and offers the most information, however in super dense trash, I can see how it would be easy to miss a target vs setting up a custom coins program in 5 tones so the coins really jump out. However when i do that I feel like i would miss gold ring range targets easier not being in 50 tones. What are your preferred options guys? 50 tones, 5 tones, custom?

Just curious, What tones option are you running in trash infested sites? I really like to stay in 50 as much as possible. Dont know why but I just feel like it connects with me the best and offers the most information, however in super dense trash, I can see how it would be easy to miss a target vs setting up a custom coins program in 5 tones so the coins really jump out. However when i do that I feel like i would miss gold ring range targets easier not being in 50 tones. What are your preferred options guys? 50 tones, 5 tones, custom?

For me the 50 tones is just too much in dense trash , I have to use 5. Just have to watch closely for the gold range targets. Its not as much of an issue for me tho because I am ignoring most gold range in this type location and concentrate on silver range , too much gold range to adequately sift through anyway , some areas are just not worth the effort to look for gold.....but silver is much more likely and it will really scream at you from behind the trash.

Back
Top Bottom