Whites has a new monster T-handle

I tried out my ground hawg today that I recently bought from detectingmo and I am loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried out my ground hawg today that I recently bought from detectingmo and I am loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! Its a sweet shovel for sure. The digmaster is my favorite hand digger/knife. The hawg was equally impressive I just didnt have places to use it really.

I have this shovel.....My wife and kids bought it for my B-day last Nov. I saw the made in Taiwan sticker, gritted my teeth,forced a smile and said Thank You guys!!! Then I commenced to using it......after pulling the made in Taiwan sticker off of course. So far so good. I prefer to keep a low profile when I detect so the orange is a bit of a put off but I think I will paint it when the weather warms up. I've used it in a variety of soils and it hasn't missed a beat. Cuts a nice plug and I've chopped some good sized roots with it as well. Last week I used it in some moderately frozen soil and it cut right thru. Would I recommend this shovel to a friend? Yes I would.....so far. That Taiwan sticker will haunt me for the life of the shovel tho....:laughing:

I had one bend almost right in half on me last season, i sent it back and had it replaced, only to resell it. The handle seems a little long. When you get the shovel down deep in the plug and your prying against the shaft, is when it seems most vulnerable. My only plus about the situation was whites customer service, very good!!! I also painted mine dark blue. My next investment is a grave digger, those things look indestructible!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=255006

Just realized who started this thread, he was actually there when I bent mine in half! :laughing:

Seems like the steel is not as hard as the Sampson.

I had one bend almost right in half on me last season, i sent it back and had it replaced, only to resell it. The handle seems a little long. When you get the shovel down deep in the plug and your prying against the shaft, is when it seems most vulnerable. My only plus about the situation was whites customer service, very good!!! I also painted mine dark blue. My next investment is a grave digger, those things look indestructible!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=255006

Just realized who started this thread, he was actually there when I bent mine in half! :laughing:

I have the "NEW-Root-Assassin-MINI-T-Handle Metal-Detector-Landscape-Garden-Shovel".

Love it for cutting thru all the little roots, and some not so little.

Back
Top Bottom