Any cool statues near you?

Collin1776

Hey guys! I was wondering, what cool statues of figures are around your home? I don’t have any in the city I live in because Michigan is such a boring state when it comes to history but about 20 minutes south of me is Custers hometown and there’s this cool statue. I also attached a few pics of my favorite statues from my recent PA trip. The first one is my favorite patriot, Lafayette.
4e26ef47c33cc3bf3f7825c1f18c41b9.jpg
7db4a43506a6c2156a98cc55fab4e6f0.jpg
562bc0c3bfff585f20bb06fb7bcd5f88.jpg
b80ba1b7451ef074a343a5094025d821.jpg
c9858c98515722c24a25630846bbd96a.jpg
287d8385bff2c68cd38f0871bbf5de05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said first picture is Lafayette but they uploaded different. It’s the statue that obviously isn’t George Washington. Lol

Believe it or not but some of the coolest statues are in local cemeteries. Really old ones too. I have one near by that is huge that has a lot of high profile people buried there and the amount of artwork on these statues are incredible.

A Michigan statue I like...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• 23383.50089.jpg
    23383.50089.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 192
Want to see a great collection of statues go visit the Gettysburg battlefield..

We have this one, The Eternal Indian AKA Blackhawk statue. At least we have it for now. It is in very bad shape and in the middle of an iffy restoration.

picture.php

We also have this, A statue of a young Captain Abraham Lincoln near the area where he fought in the Blackhawk war. Legend has it that Lincoln wrestled another man to determine who would be the regimental captain and it may have occurred near this spot. Also serving with him was Jefferson Davis the later president of the Confederacy.

picture.php

We also have this, A statue of a young Captain Abraham Lincoln near the area where he fought in the Blackhawk war. Legend has it that Lincoln wrestled another man to determine who would be the regimental captain and it may have occurred near this spot. Also serving with him was Jefferson Davis the later president of the Confederacy.

picture.php

Too bad it wasn't Jefferson Davis he wrestled. That would have been some amazing foreshadowing. :lol:

picture.php

That’s an awesome statue, with an awesome story.

That’s an awesome statue, with an awesome story.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. We also have the only two statues of Ronald Reagan in the USA. If I get a chance I'll take some photos and post them here.

Great photos of some cool statues......It’s a shame some of our countries most famous statues were vandalized and removed because of some views of historical injustices.I guess the history books in local schools will need to be edited also to erase our heritage completely.

Great photos of some cool statues......It’s a shame some of our countries most famous statues were vandalized and removed because of some views of historical injustices.I guess the history books in local schools will need to be edited also to erase our heritage completely.

People can’t accept the fact that that’s how life was. Conquest and conquer. America seems to be the only country paying prices like statues being removed but nobody points fingers at any of the other countries in the world that did the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom