South central Pa. Chambersburg....

chesire17201

Any one around Chambersburg Pa.? A friend and I are new to detecting and are both very interested in learning, have dug up a good bit of my back yard and enjoyed every second of it, and beleive we have a good area here with the cival war history of the area, if anyone is around who would like to join us let me know.........

any ball parks in particular? we went around henninger field a few days ago(supposedly one of the oldest in town) while we did find a few coins, nothing worth writing about....i.e. mostly new pennies......i think i would like to walk along the "jig" (Conococheague Creek) right near me as i have the impression waterways are hot spots......

Check the softball fields down the main street behind a fire department, the softball fields where the girls play. Every time they have a tournament these girls just throw there bags around tossing there earrings and rings(they are not allowed to wear during a game, so they just toss them), I think there are like 6 fields up there. I know its behind a fire department and in back of a school...

If you find anything good, we'll split 75%/25%, LOL Good Luck!!!

:lol: , yeah bob, i know the one's you are talking about, actually they're quite a few ball fields that only the girls teams play on, was also thinking about memorial park, where they have the fireworks, seems that would be a coin finding heaven, i am reluctant though because i can't get ahold of anyone in the parks dept. to make sure that MD is ok:?:

You could probably hunt anywhere in the park as long as you don't go onto the softball fields base lines. Stay out of the fair territories of the fields. There are plenty of trees where I know people go to find shade during the games...HOT!!!LOL!Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom