Sand scoop with Handle

demyansk1942

Elite Member
I did a search for scoops and a lot of information out there. I am wondering about a sand scoop with a decent size handle that I can just use my foot to push down and scoop the sand. However, I noticed some are better for wet and dry sand. What do you guys think?

probably.........theres the word. Big difference if you plan on doing any wet sand/oat meal and water hunting. You can get a cheaper scoop designed just for dry sand.... like one of the RTGs. But if you plan on hunting closer to the water you need one thats going to hold up to that CONCRETE like sand.

Dew

I did a search for scoops and a lot of information out there. I am wondering about a sand scoop with a decent size handle that I can just use my foot to push down and scoop the sand. However, I noticed some are better for wet and dry sand. What do you guys think?

a good stainless or heavy duty aluminum RTG style scoop should hold up to the stressors of digging in the wet sand.

Unfortunately, many of the thin basket, small scoops pictured below are not designed to take pressure when you apply your foot to digging. Often times, the baskets welds will break and/or the weld where the handle meets the scoop. Basically, for those scoops, the only way to prevent them from breaking is to only apply as much force as you can with your arm...and not use your foot.

Attachments

• bad1.JPG
    bad1.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 206
  • bad2.jpg
    bad2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 205
Here ya go

Left side to right , light duty dry sand ------> to wet-----> water RTG scoops to Stealth's , the heavier duty you go costs are a lot more, also all the bells and whistles , like carbon fiber handles are even more money, finding the wright scoop for your exact need's , most likely not, just like detector's, mutable equipment for different hunting need's is more efficient , happy hunting, Earl

Attachments

• P1000473.JPG
    P1000473.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 193
Thanks guys for this excellent information. Very valuable and hard to decide but I will get one.

I like the picture above with the handle that is not attached, what kind is that?

Back
Top Bottom