Early morning hunt produces 925

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I got off from work around 8:00 this morning and on my way home I figured that I'd stop at one of the two parks since I had my gear with me. I was able to pull $0.70 in clad and this silver with black onyx ring. The ring is a little bent up but I'm sure that I can get it straightened out. The ring rang up as a zincoln so I was very surprised to see it in the plug that I cut. It was about four inches deep.

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 179
Nice ring, I love the onyx. The three 925 rings that I have found also sounded off similar to a zinc penny. It's a nice surprise. Great job.

Way to go!

I misunderstood your text lol, I thought you would be heading into work right now... Not AM...lol

Congrats on the silver!

<°))))>{

Nice ring, smaller ones can come in at zinc.

What you need is a mandrel and a rubber or leather hammer.
A must have for jewelry hunters.

https://www.amazon.com/Jewelry-Tool...Z62Z/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1495311629&sr=8-7

71VJYhvj0DL._SL1500_.jpg

I have one and these tools come in real handy if you find a lot of rings.
Here is a really smashed up silver ring I found...

dollar sign ring before.jpg

After just a few minutes I got it into much better shape, a little more work and now it is perfect.
I wear it all the time when I go out on the town with my peeps. :D

dollar sing ring after.jpg

P1050498.jpg

P1050499.jpg

Nice ring, smaller ones can come in at zinc.

What you need is a mandrel and a rubber or leather hammer.
A must have for jewelry hunters.

https://www.amazon.com/Jewelry-Tool...Z62Z/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1495311629&sr=8-7

View attachment 385940

I have one and these tools come in real handy if you find a lot of rings.
Here is a really smashed up silver ring I found...

View attachment 385941

After just a few minutes I got it into much better shape, a little more work and now it is perfect.
I wear it all the time when I go out on the town with my peeps. :D

View attachment 385942

View attachment 385943

View attachment 385944

Thanks for the link DIGGER.

Thanks everyone!

Nice ring Bruinvikes! When you say it rang up like a zincoln, what numbers specifically? I pass a lot of 59-60 signals. I know I should dig more of them, but I only dig the ones that rings solid and don't go to 59 or 60. My last gold ring came in at 56, but didn't move from there and had 4 bars on the confidence meter.

And Digger, that's one ugly ring:laughing:

Nice ring Bruinvikes! When you say it rang up like a zincoln, what numbers specifically? I pass a lot of 59-60 signals. I know I should dig more of them, but I only dig the ones that rings solid and don't go to 59 or 60. My last gold ring came in at 56, but didn't move from there and had 4 bars on the confidence meter.

What!!!???
Ugly?
But it makes me look so cool when I wear it!
When I do I usually have on this 28 gram silver necklace...

P1030842.jpg

And this other rope chain also silver and almost an ounce...

good.jpg

plus this big silver Ankh I attached to the rope chain.

P1040416.jpg

Found and dug em all and I am a sight to behold when I am decked out.
All my best jewelry was dug up out of the dirt.

It rang up at 61 on the VDI. Thanks buddy!

I gotta theory. Silver rings ring in the '70's because they are bent. It's happened to me. What do you think ?

Back
Top Bottom